Advertise on Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertise on Apolyton

Now that poly is back up and running, maybe we need to encourage the administration to actually monitor the site every now and then. The best way to do that would be for the owners to actually make some money on this site. At one time there was a positive cash flow. Since I doubt anybody new would buy a subscription that leaves us with advertising. If you look at the bottom of the pages you'll see a link for advertisers (which is nothing more than a list of contact information)

One would have to think that the rates would be dirt cheap. Which offers the opportunity to advertise some really silly things.

This thread can be a place to show your creativity to float ideas before you pay the couple of bucks that would probably cover 6 months of ads.

Please post any AD ideas. Even if it's for other members.
    (at these bargain basement prices, ALBY could probably advertise for women. KH could probably advertise that he's always right, Kid could sell proof that god exists)
    The possibilities are endless. If companies can spend millions of dollars for 30 seconds of time during the Superbowl. 2 bucks for six months of banners here is a great bargain.

Let's see how creative we can be.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

The Off Topic Dead Pool.

Lots of people are dying to play. Why not you?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's the spirit.

Now we need Ming to do a few mock up banners like.

I may not be an OT mod anymore but I'm still a god.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Somethingawful lets members pay to change other members' avatars. I'm willing to bet that somebody would pay five bucks to transfer MrFun's avatar over to Ben Kenobi or something along those lines
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          Somethingawful lets members pay to change other members' avatars. I'm willing to bet that somebody would pay five bucks to transfer MrFun's avatar over to Ben Kenobi or something along those lines
          Post of the month.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Yes, that might have the potential to generate more than ads.

So keeping in that spirit, please feel free to post avatars that would be fun for other posters.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had to shower after my brief foray into the world of advertising.

I felt so dirty.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	banner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	9092775

How about this one?
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, why not just do PolyPlus!

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Bad idea.

Ben's lifetime membership is one of the reasons he won't go away.

Comment

This would make a good avatar for Hauldren Collider, or David Floyd, or Berzerker, or about a dozen other posters

Urban Ranger's new avatar

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of a burning Quebec flag for Oncle Boris
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Now that poly is back up and running, maybe we need to encourage the administration to actually monitor the site every now and then. The best way to do that would be for the owners to actually make some money on this site. At one time there was a positive cash flow. Since I doubt anybody new would buy a subscription that leaves us with advertising. If you look at the bottom of the pages you'll see a link for advertisers (which is nothing more than a list of contact information)

One would have to think that the rates would be dirt cheap. Which offers the opportunity to advertise some really silly things.

This thread can be a place to show your creativity to float ideas before you pay the couple of bucks that would probably cover 6 months of ads.

Please post any AD ideas. Even if it's for other members.
                        (at these bargain basement prices, ALBY could probably advertise for women. KH could probably advertise that he's always right, Kid could sell proof that god exists)
                        The possibilities are endless. If companies can spend millions of dollars for 30 seconds of time during the Superbowl. 2 bucks for six months of banners here is a great bargain.

Let's see how creative we can be.
                        wow. there sure are lots of words in this post
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

So if I change Loin's avatar to a dickgirl, he's the one to be banned?

Comment

Mobius:

Name:	carrotparts.gif
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	9092780

Comment

Classic Kuci: