No announcement yet.

The Alternative Minimum Tax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just hard for me to imagine getting married and divorced to the same person, potentially numerous times, for the sole benefit of taxes. And especially doing so with the other person being totally down with it.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

4.7% of agi is minor? It's half of what my rent costs.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        4.7% of agi is minor? It's half of what my rent costs.
        I'm sure you'll be able to find myriad ways to spend the after tax 300-350k on yourselves.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

yes that is minor if it could have a negative on you and your wifes relationship. if your sure it wont then knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            You must get confused a lot.
            Pat, Pat. You're so cute when you think you're clever.

My chief source of confusion seems to be why people find the likes of Oerdin et.al. a credible source.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I don't trust any of you people. You're all a bunch of liars.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                Pat, Pat. You're so cute when you think you're clever.

My chief source of confusion seems to be why people find the likes of Oerdin et.al. a credible source.
                Really? Because your last post indicated that you were confused by Oerdin misspelling AMT as ATM. It had nothing to do with what other people think of Oerdin. I suppose you might have not actually been confused and were only making an attempt at being clever.

Comment

Really? Because your last post indicated that you were confused by Oerdin misspelling AMT as ATM. It had nothing to do with what other people think of Oerdin. I suppose you might have not actually been confused and were only making an attempt at being clever.
                  Really? Because my implicit point (one you clearly haven't the capacity to understand, hence another instance of my confusion) was that Oerdin mangles everything including a simple transposition of AMT and ATM and as such should be dismissed out of hand. I could go on to state how he completely mangled the marginal tax rate deduction discussion as well but KH is having a ball with that one himself.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

But you can't trust KH either. He's just looking for an excuse to divorce his wife.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He does that frequently, tries to take obvious small errors which can easily be understood in the context of the whole post and instead tries to make a mountain out of every mole hill. But I guess it some how makes Ogie feel better about his life so who am I to not help him feel better about his life if he's so sad about it?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Really? Because my implicit point (one you clearly haven't the capacity to understand, hence another instance of my confusion) was that Oerdin mangles everything including a simple transposition of AMT and ATM and as such should be dismissed out of hand. I could go on to state how he completely mangled the marginal tax rate deduction discussion as well but KH is having a ball with that one himself.
                        No, KH stopped because he knew I had gotten it right and he'd simply missed the post where I explained myself. That's why I posted it a second time. As usual you just jump in after the fact and try to cheer lead without actually contributing anything new to the conversation but I guess that's always been you're style. If anything DinoDoc does your schtick better because he can at least condenses his condescension into a one liner while it takes you a whole paragraph to say the same.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Strangely enough the only other person arguing with Oerdin in this thread is another ******* like yourself who, according to you, is "having a ball". Makes me wonder who you're addressing with this revelation that you think Oerdin is too stupid to discuss the tax code with.

Comment

Anyway...let's discuss the much more interesting issue of KH's marriage and the madcap schemes he may employ to save money.

Comment

Is his wife American? Can you deport him when they divorce?

Comment

KH, you should build a website dedicated to divorce for tax purposes. Put up some videos of you and your wife having "the conversation". Invite others to upload their own videos of their version of "the conversation". Sell an E-Book of how to have "the conversation" successfully if your's goes well, sell an e-Book of things to avoid in "the conversation" if your's goes badly.

Then in the sidebar sell ad space to divorce lawyers.

You'll be making so much money that it won't even matter anymore... you'll be on Oprah within 3 months promoting your book deal. You'll be the face of a generation... Newt will surge ahead in the polling. You might even get a cabinet position out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X