• Show
Clear All

• Human extinction equation

Hi.

Standard quadratic formula.

ax^2 + bx +c = 0

a = average growth in annual CO2 emissions rate
    b = current growth rate
    c = current levels of CO2 minus toxic level threshold (3,000 for plants... 10,000 for humans)

a = 0.1 ppm (google and find a better number... I've seen 0.1 and 0.11)
    b = 2 ppm (again... varying rates for 2000's... pick a number between 1 and 3... doesn't affect outcome as much)
    c = -2615 or -4615 or -9615... even -99615 if you think humans will survive to 100,000 ppm

The shortest time I get is about 140 years. The longest time is around 900 years.

That's how long we have if we keep burning things.

Is this good for the economy?

It depends, can there be an economy without people?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Also... is it better if everyone dies? or if just the people who want to continue burning things die?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh... and if I'm wrong... explain how please. Explain how we will stop burning things. Explain how Jesus will return and get rid of all the CO2.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think it would be bad for the economy if we completely destroyed the whole world and killed everybody. That is just my opinion though.

Comment

If current trends continue, by 2500 AD every single person on Earth will be an Elvis impersonator.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

U235 + n -> Kr92 + Ba141 + 3n
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
              If current trends continue, by 2500 AD every single person on Earth will be an Elvis impersonator.
              Yes, but think of all the fabulous blue suede shoes there will be.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW a good friend of mine was married in Vegas by a Chinese Elvis impersonator. True story.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Extrapolation moron is a moron.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sava is right. We have unlimited fossil fuels and will keep burning them until there is so much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that we are all poisoned upon exposure and die in a matter of minutes.

Comment

Shortly after that happens we will be dissolved by teh pure Sulfuric Acid mist that our atmosphere will become. Dead in a matter of minutes and dissolved in a matter of hours leaving no trace.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

One could always hope.....
                        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Hmmm... I've decided not to live 400 to 900 more years.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                          X