Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you haven't seen Warrior, you are missing out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you haven't seen Warrior, you are missing out.

Warrior is a movie about MMA fighting starring Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, and Nick Nolte. It features some exciting MMA fights (with truncated ground scenes, because really it makes for better cinema) but really the movie is about a severely broken family re-connecting. The fighting is a (kind of obvious) metaphor. Going into it I imagined a million ways it could be too cheesy to work, but it left me a blubbering wreck. It pushed all my emotional buttons, touched on everything that damaged me growing up, a true chick-flick for Real Men. Highly recommended.

Does Jennifer Morrison show her boobs?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

No it's PG-13. She runs around in her underwear in a couple scenes.

Comment

Not interested.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

MMA is gay.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It took me a half hour before I realized that the two brothers were different people and not just the split personalities of a single crazy person. The movie that was going on in my head was way better than the one on the screen.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Comment

I saw Warrior. It was not very good. It is a tale of boofheads re-united. It is difficult to like, or relate to, either of the main characters, both decidely unpleasant. Anyway I find two adults smacking one another in the head until falls over rather barbaric.

More importantly, as queried in post #2, there were no bared boobs in sight.

Comment

If it was really a movie for "real men" there would be plenty of gratuitous boobie shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    It took me a half hour before I realized that the two brothers were different people and not just the split personalities of a single crazy person. The movie that was going on in my head was way better than the one on the screen.
                    *wins thread
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                    X