• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More cowbell? Man arrested for playing too loudly at protest

That should teach the rabble a lesson.

Associated Press

Posted on January 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Updated yesterday at 3:57 PM

OSHKOSH, Wis. -- Demonstrators calling for the recall of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker learned there really is such a thing as too much cowbell.

Oshkosh police arrested a 26-year-old Appleton man on Thursday after he kept playing a cowbell and shaking it in an officer's face when he and other protesters were told to be quiet.

The Oshkosh Northwestern reports ( http://oshko.sh/zKwPVV ) that when the officer tried to take the cowbell, the man pushed the officer. A 25-year-old Appleton woman then hit the officer in the back with her picket sign while the man was being handcuffed.

Both were taken to the Winnebago County Jail. Police will recommend that the man be charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and the woman be charged with disorderly conduct and battery to an officer.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

THIS IS AN ATROCITY
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

First they came for the unions,
      and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the cowbell...

Comment

"I got a fever and the only perscription is... MORE COWBELL!"
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"Playing too loudly at a protest" doesn't seem like an adequate description of what he did.

Comment

He's a political prisoner! Free Cowbell!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
            X