I guess it really doesn't get better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it really doesn't get better.

Mr Fun is slacking; he's supposed to post all the gay issues threads here.

Eric James Borges, gay teen who made ‘It Gets Better’ video, commits suicide

By Elizabeth Flock

Following a rash of suicides among gay teens last year, a 19-year-old gay filmmaker who recorded an “It Gets Better” video committed suicide this week, the blog Queer Landia reported Thursday.

Eric James Borges, of Visalia, Calif., was a volunteer at the Trevor Project, an organization that works to prevent suicides against LGBT youth. The Trevor Project confirmed Queer Landia’s report.

“He was a volunteer teaching suicide prevention, so he knew what counseling was available to him,” Laura McGuinnis, a spokeswoman for the Trevor Project, told the Post. “Unfortunately suicide is so complicated, so rooted in mental illness, that it is difficult to know why he made that decision. It is very, very sad.”

According to the Trevor Project, LGBT youths whose parents reject them for their sexuality are eight times more at risk for suicide than teens whose parents accept them.

Poor guy. Why couldn't he just follow his own advice and call someone before committing suicide?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    I agree. MrFun is slacking off. I can't even remember when he last posted a gay thread.

Comment

You're using news of a guy's suicide to poke fun at someone? classy
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's just a thread title, dude. Stop being so sensitive.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Poor guy. Why couldn't he just follow his own advice and call someone before committing suicide?
          He could have started talking to himself. What, with him being a suicide prevention dude he could have talked himself out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X