Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First wild wolf in California since 1924.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First wild wolf in California since 1924.

It's been almost 90 years since a wild wolf has been seen in California, that last wolf was shot by a hunter who wanted the government bounty paid for predators, but now a single male grey wolf has wandered across the border from Oregon into California. It seems if you give them some space nature will make a come back.

Last edited by Dinner; January 15, 2012, 13:31.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Were you drunk when you posted this? The typo count is high even by your standards.

Comment

There are no typos in it, jackass, just like there wasn't in most of the threads you ***** about.

Comment

He's an idiot. It should be predators, big deal.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, I thought he was talking about the thread title.

Comment

At any rate, I think it's cool that they may come back. We're seeing an influx of coyotes and bobcats. No wolves.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I know they have the Mexican red wolf in New Mexico & Arizona so given time they might work their way over to west Texas.

Comment

That would be a good place for them. They sell land by the league there, more than by the acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  There are no typos in it, jackass, just like there wasn't in most of the threads you ***** about.

You may have fixed "predatirs" and a couple others that I've already forgotten, but you still didn't catch "wondered."

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  It's been almost 90 years since a wild wolf has been seen in California, that last wolf was shot by a hunter who wanted the government bounty paid for predators, but now a single male grey wolf has wondered across the border from Oregon into California. It seems if you give them some space nature will make a come back.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-n...0238/#45906508
                  Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  He's an idiot. It should be predators, big deal.
                  I'm not surprised an illiterate like yourself also missed that error.

Comment

In other interesting ecological news killer whales have been spotted at Dana Point which is just north across the county line in Orange County, CA.

Blue whales are the largest animals ever to have lived and they're ultra rare yet whole pods of them have been seen very close to shore. This has resulted in some problems as sight seers get to close to the giant whales and almost run into them. Check out the video of this surfer who almost got swallowed by a pair of feeding blue whales.

Meanwhile in San Diego a gray whale actually swam into the harbor giving tourists a show they could see from their hotel balconies. The same whale has been swimming in and out of the harbor for the last 6 months. That's just odd behavior.

Comment

What was the point of editing "wondered" out after I'd already quoted it for posterity? It's really too bad that I didn't quote the original cluster**** of a post so everyone could enjoy it.

Comment

By the way, "sightseer" is one word.

Comment

Winter is coming.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Somebody shot the bloodthirsty beast, right?
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              What was the point of editing "wondered" out after I'd already quoted it for posterity? It's really too bad that I didn't quote the original cluster**** of a post so everyone could enjoy it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	401659_253716884701453_127583850648091_626854_598228148_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	9092679
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X