Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

For me, my feets comfort are a pretty important issue. I prefer to use old, well worn shoes to new smart ditto.

Shoemenders are a scarce and dying occupation, but I have found one that could fix some old shoes and boots that I actually didn't had any hope for. He has revived two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots wich I look forward to wear yet another time.

What is your shoe preferences ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

barefoot in the sand

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      For me, my feets comfort are a pretty important issue. I prefer to use old, well worn shoes to new smart ditto.

Shoemenders are a scarce and dying occupation, but I have found one that could fix some old shoes and boots that I actually didn't had any hope for. He has revived two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots wich I look forward to wear yet another time.

What is your shoe preferences ?
      Ditto?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        Ditto?
        Well, some day, you barbarians may get it right
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          barefoot in the sand
          Yep, that is really nice - though, temperatures below 0 degrees has a tendency to make it a bit uncomfortable.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's odd for me to wear shoes for more than maybe an hour a month.

If I used direct deposit at the bank, I'd probably be able to go months without going outside.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, some day, you barbarians may get it right
              Well, it is our word.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yep, that is really nice - though, temperatures below 0 degrees has a tendency to make it a bit uncomfortable.
                why is barefoot in the sand good?
                then you get sand on your feet
                and its either too cold or too hot
                oh, and if its by any kind of body of water, it's got all kinds of nasty filth in it... from sewage or birds crapping everywhere
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bird crap in the ocean is kind of a low priority problem.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I need to wear nicer shoes. A friend criticized me for not suffering for fashion. He was right.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Bird crap in the ocean is kind of a low priority problem.
                      we're talking about sand not water
                      birds land on it and crap all over it

as for water, i prefer whats been through a treatment process
                      the natural world became a hazard around the industrial revolution
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wear boots 100% of the time due to rain and snow. Right now I have a nice pair of Columbia snow boots that I'm wearing:

Buy Columbia Men's Bugaboot Omni-Heat Winter Boot,Black/Light Grey,8 M US and other Snow Boots at Amazon.com. Our wide selection is eligible for free shipping and free returns.

Despite the huge treads I still managed to slip and bruise my hip on the ice carrying groceries from my car today...(well yesterday actually, it's 2:50 AM but you know what I mean)

Rochester weather

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          I wear boots 100% of the time due to rain and snow. [/URL]
                          Even when you shower and sleep?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If standing in the rain counts as showering, yes. If sleeping during class counts as sleeping, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              If standing in the rain counts as showering, yes.
                              If you stick to Rochester, I'll say yes. But it wouldn't count in NYC... and probably not Buffalo either.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X