Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ship happens: a huge cruise liner sinks right next to a port.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a ship is to go down then the best place to sink would be on a shoreline right near a port. Yep, within easy swimming distance of the land and close to port so rescue boat can arrive quickly to rescue the passengers. A much more convenient location than the middle of Atlantic.

I would rather sink on the Italian coast than in the middle of the Atlantic.

Unless, maybe, the Atlantic sinking happened to be right on the shore of Tristan da Cunha, sounds like a nice place to visit.

Comment

Looking at the view from shore (which is a bit creepy) you'd think you could almost walk to the shore.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The interesting thing is, that the ship (according to the normal cruise plan) should have taken a route that leads far away from the isle.
        The captain however (maybe ordered by the company or maybe because of his own wishes) took a huge deviation from this route to honor some kind of tradition (and spectacle for tourist on this isle), that is, greeting the isle by passing the islands main port at a dangerously close distance.

Had he stuck to the intended cruise plan the ship would still float above the surface of the water (and 16+ people would still be alive)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Two dead people were found in the ship's internet room.

Seriously, WTF? Is updating your FB status to 'Sinking' really that important?
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            Two dead people were found in the ship's internet room.

Seriously, WTF? Is updating your FB status to 'Sinking' really that important?
            Hmm I guess updating to your facebook status to Deceased is a bit harder then....
            "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Working...
            X