Taxes take lives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes take lives.

The estate tax is a tax on the estate of a deceased person. 2010 represented a year in which, upon dying, no tax was levied against the estate. But with a new year brings new standards and a dramatic departure from 2010. It's been a roller-coaster ride, but some estates may end up getting a huge tax hike -- depending on what Congress does in its final days. One approach to combat the rise .... estate tax suicide.

While Eurozone finance ministers scramble to find a quick solution to the European debt crisis, the economic collapse has already taken a deadly toll in Greece, the vortex of the problem.

Suicide rates are skyrocketing in a country already beset by massive job cuts, austerity spending, slashed pensions, and soaring taxes.

The suicide note also mentions, several times, Stack's having issues with taxes, debt, and the IRS and his having a long-running feud with the organization. While the IRS also has a larger regional office in Austin, the field office located in Echelon I performed tax audits, seizures, investigations and collections.

7000 vs. 1. That's a net positive for taxes.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Estate tax hikes would relieve some of the burden on our medical system.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

doh i read this as Texas takes lives, i was about to say, is this really something new?
        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

So higher estate taxes = more deaths = more estate taxes. Win.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Once you actually start taxing estates more they'll stop wanting to die. Instead they'll want to live forever to avoid being taxed at such high rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
              So higher estate taxes = more deaths = more estate taxes. Win.
              No. People were killing themselves during the 2010 estate tax holiday to avoid paying any estate tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                No. People were killing themselves during the 2010 estate tax holiday to avoid paying any estate tax.
                Lack of taxes takes more lives apparently.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                X