No announcement yet.

I needz city mapping/drawing software!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I needz city mapping/drawing software!!

For my science fiction and fantasy writing, I like to create the fictitious worlds the stories/novel ideas they're set in. For creating the star systems, I use AstroSynthesis 3.0 and for planetary worlds, I use Hexographer.

But, in spite of my searching online, I have not yet found something that looks good for drawing and mapping out towns and cities.

Anyone know of something I can use? Ideally it'd be free, but I may be willing to buy and download something good for $20 or so. Any help from fellow geeks/nerds would be appreciated.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Make maps of anywhere in the world quickly and easily with SmartDraw. Using our automated interface you don't need to know geography to be successful in map creation.

A forum.
    A website and forum for enthusiasts of fantasy maps mapmaking and cartography of all types. We are a thriving community of fantasy map makers that provide tutorials, references, and resources for fellow mapmakers.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm not looking for a game, Imran.

Comment

Thank you - I bookmarked the guild forum you linked. But the mapping software you linked to is not what I need - what that company seems to be offering, is simply demographic mapping program for the real world.

Comment

If you decide what you want and it's going to cost you, let me know first.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              I'm not looking for a game, Imran.
              Best city mapping software out there
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Unless you want roads that go diagonally
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'm all about diagonal, spiagonal, shizgonal, and fretgonal.

Anyway, it looks like my best option is to cough up $35 for the downloadable Fractal Mapper 8.0 from the same company that I got Astro Synthesis 3.0 from. Whoever made the rule that good stuff can't come for free was a jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Best city mapping software out there
                    This is so gay.

Comment

Working...
                    X