No announcement yet.

Nickel and Dimed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they had aired before Reagan were president, he wouldn't have gotten the credit for them.

Comment

Wasn't the law requiring public interest broadcasting passed while Carter was President?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        How the **** was Reagan responsible for getting rid of "80's after school specials" when the entirety of his presidency took place during the 80's?
        At the end of his term he changed the FCC rules so that you no longer had to do public service announcements.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So he allowed 80's after school specials to flourish throughout his eight years in office, and at the end only made them non-mandatory.

Comment

I should also note that the greatest PSA of all time aired in 1991. The GOP really is the party of after school specials.

Comment

Carter did 4 years. Done a real good job as a diplomat and other since. Much better than his 1 term.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So . . . could raising the minimum wage, and then indexing it to inflation help move more working poor off of welfare?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No. The minimum wage hurts the poor by reducing employment opportunities.

Comment

Given conservatives' hatred for social welfare, I would think some would propose solutions for getting more working poor off of welfare. What are some of the proposed solutions?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

People should be able to write lifetime contracts with employment providers for themselves and their families. The employment provider would provide work, food, clothing and lodging. Should the provider's business fortunes decline he could sell the contracts along with his other assetts. I'm certain that under such conditions we could provide full employment.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Iron ricebowls.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X