No announcement yet.

Why do people ignore me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly do have doubts about some of my opinions, but I don't argue those opinions. I don't see any point in that. Also, there can be evidence for something that is false. I don't see what your point is about me being an ass.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That's the problem right there. If you don't doubt any of the opinions you argue, then you're always going to believe the evidence against those opinions is "false."
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's because this is not a court of law. It doesn't work the way you want it to. The problem is with you. You want everyone to think like you do, to believe the same evidence you do, and if they don't you call them an ass or whatever. What if everyone did believe like you and you're wrong. Then everyone would be wrong.

Comment

Really, I can believe what I want, that you don't have any proof to the contrary. And I can believe it as strongly as I like. If you have a problem with it, too bad. It is only your problem. It says more about you than me.

Comment

Also please list the things that I argue against that have strong evidence against.

Again, the fact that you say that says more about you than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              You want everyone to think like you do, to believe the same evidence you do, and if they don't you call them an ass or whatever. What if everyone did believe like you and you're wrong. Then everyone would be wrong.
              Is this some sort of mental disorder? Surely nobody is this clueless.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You want everyone to think like you do, to believe the same evidence you do, and if they don't you call them an ass or whatever.
                The evidence does not support this argument. Virtually no one on Apolyton believes the same things that I do, and I call almost no one here an ass. You're one of the only posters here I directly insult.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

He's not describing you, he's describing himself.

Comment

A Pot lyton.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      The evidence does not support this argument. Virtually no one on Apolyton believes the same things that I do, and I call almost no one here an ass. You're one of the only posters here I directly insult.
                      You don't seem to know what my argument is. You called me an ass for not thinking like you. That makes you an ass, not me.

Comment

You called me an ass for not thinking like you. That makes you an ass, not me.
                        How is the balance between boys and girls maintained

A christian that believes that it's inane to claim that God maintains the balance between boys and girls? What an ass.

Comment

You don't seem to know what my argument is. You called me an ass for not thinking like you. That makes you an ass, not me.
                          No. I said...

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          It's possible you're very different in person, Kid, but online you come across as having absolutely no doubts about any of your opinions, despite any evidence you may be confronted with. You seem to think it makes you appear good at argument, when in reality you just come across as an ass.
                          Which means I think you're an ass because you "come across as having absolutely no doubts about any of your opinions, despite any evidence you may be confronted with." It has nothing to do with what your opinions actually are, or the fact that you don't think like me, and everything to do with how you present your opinions.

As I said, we were often on the same side of debates when you were a communist, and I thought you were an ass then. It's hard for me to present any examples, partly because I often chose not to participate in arguments when you were on my "side," and partly because Apolyton's search sucks even more than usual right now.

Comment

So you are saying I'm an ass for having faith. Like I said, that makes you an ass.

Also, I asked you for an example of when I argue against strong evidence. Still waiting.

Comment

Yes I called elok an ass. There is very good reason for that. It's not because he thinks differently. It's because of his behavior.

Comment

So you are saying I'm an ass for having faith. Like I said, that makes you an ass.

Also, I asked you for an example of when I argue against strong evidence. Still waiting.
                                No, I said you were an ass because you "come across as having absolutely no doubts about any of your opinions, despite any evidence you may be confronted with."

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X