Why do people ignore me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    For the third time, Hebrews 11:1. Of course we could talk about the gospels that Thomas is in but there is no need. Do you have any verses to support your opinion?
    Yeah, Hebrews 11:1 says nothing about Thomas being double-minded or an example of what not to be. However, Thomas was an apostle of Jesus, one of those chosen to spread the faith. And when Thomas doubted that Christ had risen, Jesus allowed Thomas to inspect his wounds to confirm his faith in the Lord. Jesus could have taken that opportunity to say something along the lines of, "Ugh, Thomas, you're the worst apostle ever." But he didn't. The most Jesus said about the matter was that those who didn't need to see Jesus before they believed were blessed.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• "Double minded" is another word that you don't understand. This is incredible. Thomas wasn't the worst disciple. He was second worse.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

"Double minded" is another word that you don't understand. This is incredible. Thomas wasn't the worst disciple. He was second worse.
        I didn't say I didn't understand it. I said I wanted you to show me where God calls Thomas double minded. Or the second worst apostle, for that matter.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Double minded means to have faith and to not have faith. It means to believe and not to believe. See the book of James also. Doublemindedness is sin.

Comment

If it's not in the Bible, I don't need to know it.
            "It is said that these sciences reached Greece from the Persians, when Alexander killed Darius and conquered Persia, getting access to innumerable books and sciences developed by them. And when Iran was conquered (by Muslims) and books were found there in abundance, Sa’d ibn Abi al-Waqqas wrote to `Umar ibn al-Khattab asking his permission to have them translated for Muslims. ‘Umar wrote to him in reply that he should cast them into water, “for if what is written in those books is guidance, God has given us a better guide; and if that which is in those books is misleading, God has saved us from their evil.”

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              Typical with how you deal with any criticism. Maybe when you get older you'll realize that you don't know everything. Oh I forgot, you don't need to actually know anything since you have FAITH.
              "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Very true, the last time I remember knowing everything was when I was 18. All down hill since. Almost 40 years later, I have to question everything I think. Places like this are a good place since there are so many young know-it-all types.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Double minded means to have faith and to not have faith. It means to believe and not to believe. See the book of James also. Doublemindedness is sin.
                  /me sighs. Once again, I didn't ask what the term meant; I asked where in the Bible God says that this term applies to Thomas.

Comment

• It applies to everyone. Thomas was double minded. Doubt is doublemindedness.

Comment

• See, gentlemen, this is why you should have Kid on ignore; if I didn't, I probably would have entered the conversation by now and wasted a considerable amount of time pointing out obvious non sequiturs, blatant ad hominems, and sundry other fallacies that don't require pointing out. Instead I got to spend time with my wife and son. Also I've got a crap-ton of household chores to do since the lady's incapacitated. Anyway, suggest we appoint one person to read Kid's posts and quote the exceptional one or two that makes sense/has a point.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• In another month or so we should be able to compile a Bible According To Kidicious, which will have all of the supplementary material that God forgot to put in the original Bible and that the millions of Christian theologians over the centuries haven't thought to vomit all over the internet.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Elok,

That would indeed be a very short thread.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            See, gentlemen, this is why you should have Kid on ignore; if I didn't, I probably would have entered the conversation by now and wasted a considerable amount of time pointing out obvious non sequiturs, blatant ad hominems, and sundry other fallacies that don't require pointing out. Instead I got to spend time with my wife and son. Also I've got a crap-ton of household chores to do since the lady's incapacitated. Anyway, suggest we appoint one person to read Kid's posts and quote the exceptional one or two that makes sense/has a point.
                            Oh so that's what you call calling someone a giraffe ****er 73 times?

Comment

It applies to everyone. Thomas was double minded. Doubt is doublemindedness.
                              It? You mean doublemindedness? The Bible says it applies to everyone, that everyone is doubleminded, and Thomas is a subset of everyone? I know I sound like a broken record here, but I'm going to have to ask that you cite a Bible passage again. Btw, if you say Hebrews 11:1, I will eat my own **** and post a video here for all to see.

Comment

• Quite frankly I am surprised you can count that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X