The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One small step....
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Neil Armstrong was 82 and a unique pick (no bonus) for embalmer42 (7)

= (171 - 7) + (100 - 82)

= 182 points

Embalmer is on the board.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• RIP
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Does anyone know how the alien that popped out of his chest is doing?
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            Neil Armstrong was 82 and a unique pick (no bonus) for embalmer42 (7)

= (171 - 7) + (100 - 82)

= 182 points

Embalmer is on the board.
            A momentary lack of my powers of protection, one that I am sure will not be repeated anytime soon.
            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Stephen "Stevie" Ray Vaughan (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990)
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Uhh, ok.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Uhh, this is August 27.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The man famed for "asking the musical question," Hal David, has died.

Breaking News Alert
                    The New York Times
                    Saturday, September 1, 2012 -- 5:29 PM EDT
                    -----

Hal David, Oscar- and Grammy-Winning Songwriter, Is Dead at 91

Hal David, the songwriter who in the 1960s and ’70s gave pop-music vernacular the questions “What’s it all about?,” “What’s new, pussycat?” and “Do you know the way to San Jose?” died Saturday in a Los Angeles hospital. He was 91.

The cause was a stroke, according to his wife, Eunice.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sun Myung Moon dies at 92. Good riddance.

I have some family that are ex-moonies. Ruined their lives

GAPYEONG, South Korea – The Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the self-proclaimed messiah who turned his Unification Church into a worldwide religious movement and befriended North Korean leaders as well as U.S. presidents, has died, church officials said Monday. He was 92.

Moon died Monday at a church-owned hospital near his home in Gapyeong, northeast of Seoul, two weeks after being hospitalized with pneumonia, Unification Church spokesman Ahn Ho-yeul told The Associated Press. Moon's wife and children were at his side, Ahn said.

Moon, born in a town that is now in North Korea, founded his religious movement in Seoul in 1954 after surviving the Korean War. He preached new interpretations of lessons from the Bible.

The church gained fame -- and notoriety -- in the 1970s and 1980s for holding mass weddings of thousands of followers, often from different countries, whom Moon matched up in a bid to build a multicultural religious world.

The church was accused of using devious recruitment tactics and duping followers out of money; parents of followers in the United States and elsewhere expressed worries that their children were brainwashed into joining. The church responded by saying that many other new religious movements faced similar accusations in their early stages.

In later years, the church adopted a lower profile and focused on building a business empire that included the Washington Times newspaper, the New Yorker Hotel in Manhattan, Bridgeport University in Connecticut, as well as a hotel and a fledgling automaker in North Korea. It acquired a ski resort, a professional soccer team and other businesses in South Korea, and a seafood distribution firm that supplies sushi to Japanese restaurants across the U.S.

The Unification Church claims millions of members worldwide, though church defectors and other critics say the figure is no more than 100,000.

In 2009, Moon married 45,000 people in simultaneous ceremonies worldwide in his first large-scale mass wedding in years. Some were newlyweds and others reaffirmed past vows. He married an additional 7,000 couples in South Korea in February 2010. The ceremonies attracted media coverage but little of the controversy that dogged the church in earlier decades.

Moon is survived by his second wife and 10 children.

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I agree. Only when we get rid of all religion can we create heaven on earth.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• You should have picked him Sparky.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I was thinking of doing an all religious figure one.

Comment

• Kicking myself that I didn't think of him, actually.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• solomwi had him in both 2010 & 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X