No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to expect a team from you next year Molly.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Too morbid. I'm not like Maude.

(Lame excuse to post pic of excellent film's poster)

Click image for larger version

Name:	harold-and-maude-animated-poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	9093683
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Molly - Both Ruth Gordon & Hal Ashby died long ago - you'll have to produce a new list.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• RIP comedian Phyllis Diller, 95.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Fang will also be missed...

RIP
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Strong Western Ally and brutal dictator Meles Zenawi is dead -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...?newsfeed=true

Ethiopian PM Meles Zenawi's death sparks fears of turmoil.
              Mourners throng outside airport and world leaders pays tribute, but human rights groups condemn 21-year authoritarian reign.
              ne of Africa's most powerful and divisive leaders, Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia, has died of an undisclosed illness, raising fears of a regional power vacuum.

David Cameron was among the world leaders who paid tribute to Meles, a towering political figure who shaped modern Ethiopia in his own image. The country is now one of Africa's fastest-growing economies and among the United States' closest allies on the continent. But human rights groups condemned Meles as an authoritarian strongman whose 21-year rule was marred by rigged elections and the persecution, imprisonment and torture of critics.

Meles, 57, died in a hospital in Brussels on Monday after contracting an infection, authorities said. The prime minister had not been seen in public for about two months, and speculation about his health increased after he failed to attend a meeting of African Union heads of state in the capital, Addis Ababa, last month.

His demise raises the prospect of political turmoil in Africa's second most populous country. Kenya's prime minister, Raila Odinga, said: "One fears for the stability of Ethiopia upon his death, because you know that the Ethiopian state is fairly fragile and there is a lot of ethnic violence … I don't know that [Ethiopian politicians] are sufficiently prepared for a succession: this is my fear – that there may be a falling out within the ruling movement."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                Molly - Both Ruth Gordon & Hal Ashby died long ago - you'll have to produce a new list.
                Cyril Cusack and Viv Pickles too. Remember Cyril in '1984' with John Hurt and Richard Burton ?
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• True. Cyril died quite a while ago. I remember him as The Captain in Fahrenheit 451.
                  Vivian is alive and lives in London.

Comment

• i'm gonna win soon
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• One...One dead puppeteer... 'a...'a...'a...

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...663/story.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	969678781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	9093699

Jerry Nelson, a master of voices and puppetering who voiced Muppets including Count von Count during more than 40 years with Sesame Street, has died. He was 78.

Also a musician and actor, he took part in dozens of Muppet projects, from the 1971 TV movie Tales From Muppetland: The Frog Prince, to 1979’s The Muppet Movie, to the 1980s series Fraggle Rock, to last year’s The Muppets.

Nelson joined Sesame Street, which debuted in 1969, early in the show’s run. He soon took on major characters including The Count, Mr. Snuffleupagus, and Sherlock Hemlock.
                      Brought to you by the letters R.I.P.

Comment

• They should stuff him and shove their hand up his arse and make him talk funny.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• In memoriam

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            i'm gonna win soon
                            But you're such an astute loser.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Awesome vid, Avalon. Nice post.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Apparently Neil Armstrong is no more.

RIP

U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong, who took a giant leap for mankind when he became the first person to walk on the moon, has died at the age of 82, his family said on …
                                If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X