X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
    GTFI.
    http://www.gtfi.us/overview.html
    The Genetic Task Force of Illinois? Do you think Ming's failure in the dead pool is genetic? Has rah ever played?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Nora Ephron was 71 and a unique pick for Death's Litterbox (15).

= (171 - 15) + (100 - 71) + 25

= 210 points
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Yitzhak Shamir was 96 and a choice of 7 players:

OzzyKP (6) = (171 - 6) + (100 - 96) = 169 pts
        Robert Plomp (8) = 167 pts
        DaShi (9) = 166 pts
        Hauldren Collider (10) = 165 pts
        Krill (15) = 160 pts
        Guynemer (18) = 157 pts
        SlowwHand (20) = 155 pts ---> A new low point record

Shamir was only the second of our pool favourites to pay off...
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• MANTEO, N.C. (WAVY) - UNC President Bill Friday says beloved television star Andy Griffith has died in North Carolina Tuesday.

Emergency medical crews responded to Griffith's home Tuesday morning, Dare County Sheriff J.D. "Doug" Doughtie told WAVY.com .

Griffith's home is located along Highway 64 in Roanoke Island.

Photos: Remembering Andy Griffith

Friday, a close friend of Griffith's confirmed his death to WITN. He said Griffith's secretary called him Tuesday morning and said Griffith passed away at 7 a.m.

Several WAVY News 10 viewers in the Dare County area said the call went out shortly after 7 a.m. Officials have not released the nature of that call.

Andy Griffith, 86, was well known for his starring role on the television hit named after him, "The Andy Griffith Show", which first aired in 1960. Griffith portrayed a small-town sheriff and the show was one of the most popular series in television history.

Comment

• Andy Griffith was 86 and a unique pick for PLATO (14)

= (171 - 14) + (100 - 86) + 25

= 196 points.

Comment

• We'll miss ya Andy.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• http://www.televisiontunes.com/Andy_Griffith_Show.html
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Ernest Borgnine, the beefy screen star known for blustery, often villainous roles, but who won the best-actor Oscar for playing against type as a lovesick butcher in “Marty” in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95.

His longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died of renal failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his wife and children at his side.

Ernest was 95 and a choice of 6 players:

SlowwHand (3) = (171 - 3) + (100 - 95) = 173 points
                  Hauldren Collider (7) = 169 pts
                  stonesfan (8) = 168 pts
                  ColdWizard (10) = 166 pts
                  OFITG (15) = 161 pts
                  Guynemer (17) = 159 pts

Comment

• We're a little over half way through the year, we have 13 dead and ColdWizard has over 1000 points. I think we're in for some new records.

Comment

• I had electric football.

Norman Sas, inventor of Electric Football, dies at 87

A few decades ago, before we wrote entire posts dedicated to Robert Griffin III's likeness in a video game, Electric Football ruled the world. The man who invented the sublimely popular game, Norman Sas, died last week at the age of 87.

Electric Football was simple. One metal playing field and 11 plastic figures on a rectangular stand on each side. The human players would carefully put their figures in position, flick a switch, and the metal would vibrate them into action. The "players" would rumble all over, caring not for field position or their coach's gameplan. Every so often, the figure holding the tiny football would find one of the end zones. This could be for a safety or a touchdown.

I remember my dad taking his dusty Electric Football game out of the attic one day and showing me how it worked. (That it was still operational is a testament to my father's famous fastidiousness). I was hopped up on Nintendo's "Tecmo Bowl" at the time -- and also, being 11 or so, a little jerk -- so Electric Football looked to me like a relic left behind by cavemen.

But for people of a certain age, Electric Football was "Tecmo Bowl." It was "Madden."

According to the Hackensack Record (via PFT), Sas invented Electric Football in 1948 and introduced it a year later. But the game didn't take off for nearly two more decades, when Sas signed a deal with NFL Properties in 1967. It wasn't long after that Electric Football was under Christmas trees across the country.

The emergence of video games in the early '80s quickly turned Electric Football into a dinosaur staring down the fiery meteor. But by then, the game -- and the man who invented it -- had already left an indelible mark.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        We're a little over half way through the year, we have 13 dead and ColdWizard has over 1000 points. I think we're in for some new records.
                        And I'm still at ZERO
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I haven't compiled those stats Ming (longest dry spell for a player) but a quick check shows you would win hands down.

The embalmer would appear to be a distant second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            I haven't compiled those stats Ming (longest dry spell for a player) but a quick check shows you would win hands down.

The embalmer would appear to be a distant second.

So....apparently even when it comes to losing I can't be #1.

Great.

If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• There's always a bigger fish.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• ming's list is that long the same that all his people are already reincarnated and are now youngster again. It's not for no reason they don't die.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X