The Grim Reaper slapped him back instead, now he's just ashes in a jar

Nineteen little celebrities enjoying lying in the sun
    After working so hard all they wanted was to have a little fun
    Sonny Barger went to a concession stand where occurred a frightful scene
    Sonny stepped in a rat trap, and then they were just eighteen

Eighteen Little celebrities went in a music store
    Most quickly got bored and left, but one needed to see much more
    Seeing all those guitars reminded him of the Canadian star he'd been
    When a guitar string snapped and decapitated him - now they numbered seventeen

Seventeen little celebrities all gathered for a speech
    One of them stood up, they all knew how he liked to preach
    Fidel Castro opened his mouth, his skin the colour of green
    A bolt of lightning laid him flat, suddenly they were sixteen

Sixteen little celebrities deciding to take a nap
    Two of them wanted the same bed and soon got into a scrap
    Fists were thrown, curses were uttered, though one was not so keen
    When all was over, Queen Elizabeth II was still, and so they were fifteen

Fifteen little celebrities went strolling in a cave
    They'd packed a picnic lunch because all of them were so very brave
    One went missing and so the others looked because he'd never been very mean
    But no sign of Gordon Lightfoot could be found, which brought them to fourteen

Fourteen little celebrities going out upon the town
    Spending lots of money and spreading it around
    One entered a bar and did not leave, though the others did not miss him so
    No tears were shed, it was said, when George H. W. Bush was next to go

Thirteen little celebrities getting dressed up for a dance
    Only the biggest stars were invited, it was no time to take a chance
    Making sure that everything was perfect caused one of them too much stress
    Nancy Reagan failed to make the party, and so they were one less

Twelve little celebrities all jumping from a plane
    Parachutes were on the back of each, they weren't quite that insane
    All worked fine except for one - much to their dismay
    Destiny had picked Warren Buffet for this, his Judgement Day

Eleven little celebrities taking party in a reality show
    Three locked themselves in a room as they got ready to do some blow
    One got much too greedy as he looked upon the white stuff
    Jake "The Snake" Roberts did not stop, until his body said "Enough!"

Ten little celebrities trying to figure out where to eat
    They wanted to fill themselves with good food at prices that couldn't be beat
    Their orders had just arrived and they had just begin to dine
    But the food on Neil Simon's plate was off, and they were reduced to nine

Nine little celebrities going out to hunt some ducks
    They're sure they will get a bunch, if they have a little luck
    One turns to the other, asking about karma and fate
    So distracted, Jean Chretin shoots himself, bringing their number to eight

Eight little celebrities walking through a haunted house
    One becomes separated from the rest, because of a fearsome mouse
    She thinks she has found the way out, when she sees a door marked "Heaven"
    It's the last step for Anne Rice, and now their number is seven

Seven little celebrities getting ready to celebrate the New Year
    Most hope the coming days will not be filled with fear
    But one of them has an evil mind, she knows all the dirty tricks
    Sue Grafton chokes on a tampered noise-maker, and then there were just six

Six little celebrities seeing a movie about outer space
    And all the rocks that floated there - it was a busy place
    When they were walking home a meteor was seen - but not all of them saw it dive
    Neil Armstrong was looking the other way when it took off his head - which is how they became the five

Five little celebrities playing a game of truth or dare
    Things were going fine until it was time for one of them to share
    Tom Wolfe refused to speak the truth saying he would not play no more
    When a chandelier fell on top of him, making a group of four

Four little celebrities taking a skiing holiday
    The weather was fine and beautiful, causing one of them to say
    "Nothing bad can happen here, as long as you miss those trees."
    Courtney Love failed that simple test, shrinking them to three

Three little celebrities walking slowly through the woods
    They were taking part in a scavenger hunt, because their agents said they should
    Pele did not want to be there, so he kicked a pile of leaves with his shoe
    Springing the bear trap hidden underneath, making them just two

Two little celebrities staying home, where it was safe and sound
    One got bored and turned on the tube, and then on the table started to pound
    They were saying he was washed up, that his career was no longer in the sun
    Jerry Lewis got so mad he had a heart attack, and then there was just one

One little celebrity decided to go on a fishing trip
    Everything was going smoothly until they took an awful slip
    A sweet transvestite had fallen overboard, with no one to save him it was no fun
    And so Tim Curry slipped beneath the waves, sadly leaving us with none.

Originally posted by embalmer42 View Post
    Since I'm your DL, I guess we are
    A connection nobody will make. I'm not that creative.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Peter Green, with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, were the original and was Blues. Welch took over Green's spot when he left. Buckingham-Nicks made the 3rd edition.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Another semi-obscure musical legend has died...

Herb Reed, Last of the Original Platters, Dies at 83
        By PAUL VITELLO
        Published: June 5, 2012

Herb Reed, the last surviving member of the Platters, one of the first pop groups to break the color barrier in the 1950s with crossover hits like “Only You,” “The Great Pretender” and a soaring street-corner version of “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” died on Monday in Boston. He was 83.

Mr. Reed was credited with naming the group in 1953 (“platters” was disc jockey lingo for vinyl records) when he and a group of friends in Los Angeles began singing a cappella in amateur contests.
        RIP, and thanks for helping integrate music.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Another semi-obscure musical legend has died...

RIP, and thanks for helping integrate music.
          He toured the Northeast in less than major venues, I bounced and worked the floor at 3 or 4 concerts when I was a Federal Officer in late 70's. I actually got to speak with him, first concerning his acceptable zone of control (how close he wanted his fans) and then about him as an individual. Very approachable, unlike some stars who want money, want to perform and want to get out of town. One of his last trips in Maine we had a roadblock checking licenes and such when his tour bus came through, I had met the driver the night before and Herb actually spoke to me when I mounted the bus, very cordial and we allowed him passage. It allways stood out because I am a Platters fan....kinda cool to meet and engage him

R.I.P. and thanks for all the fond memories.......................
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            A connection nobody will make.

The perfect crime!

I'm not that creative.

......so says the paralegal. Go pull the other one
            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Henry Hill, mobster, informant, dead at 69.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- Jesse Powell, a linebacker for the unbeaten 1972 Miami Dolphins, has died at a hospital in West Texas.

A spokesman for University Medical Center in Lubbock says Powell died Thursday. He was 65. No cause of death was provided Friday by UMC.

Powell was born in the Texas Panhandle town of Matador. He starred at West Texas State, now West Texas A&M, before the Dolphins chose him in the ninth round of the 1969 draft.

Powell spent his five-year NFL career with Miami, including a perfect 17-0 season leading to a Super Bowl victory over Washington.

Powell, who quit the NFL following knee surgery, was an insurance agent in Lubbock until his recent retirement. A memorial service has been scheduled for Tuesday at Monterey Church of Christ in Lubbock.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1xur5xZVw

Comment

• Actress and comedian Yvette Wilson has lost her fight against cervical cancer at the age of 48, CNN's confirmed. A friend of Wilson, Jeffrey Pittle, tells us that she passed away on Thursday around 7 p.m.

Wilson was perhaps best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the '90s sitcom "Moesha," on which she starred alongside singer Brandy in the titular role. She also played Andell on the "Moesha" spin-off "The Parkers," which also starred Oscar winner Mo'Nique and aired from 1999 to 2004.

Wilson's "Moesha" co-star Shar Jackson, who's also appeared on reality shows "Ex Wives Club" and "Celebrity Fit Club," mourned the loss of Wilson on Twitter Thursday.

"Oh God. My heart is soooo unbelievably broken," she posted. "I wanna thank all my tweeties for their prayers but God has chosen to take my sister Yvette home."

"Moesha" star Brandy and her brother Ray J, who also appeared on the series, also shared their condolences.

"Yvette Wilson was one of the most genuine and funny people I've ever met," Ray J said in a statement. "The advice she gave me as a young actor to work hard and to believe in myself was very instrumental. She will truly be missed."

Added Brandy via her Twitter account, "So saddened by the loss of Yvette Wilson. She was such a beautiful spirit. May she rest in peace."

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted...

Kathryn Joosten (December 20, 1939 – June 1, 2012) was an American television actress best known for her regular role as Karen McCluskey in Desperate Housewives, for which she won two Emmy Awards, and for her recurring role in The West Wing as Dolores Landingham.

In 2005 and 2008, Joosten won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress - Comedy Series for her portrayal of Karen McCluskey in Desperate Housewives.

In 2001, she quit her 45 year smoking habit when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. In September 2009, Joosten was diagnosed with lung cancer for a second time. She subsequently underwent surgery and four rounds of chemotherapy, and was officially declared cancer-free in January 2010.

Kathryn Joosten cause of death
                    Joosten subsequently died of lung cancer on June 1, 2012. Her death followed, by a few weeks, the on-screen death of her character Karen McCluskey on the final episode of Desperate Housewives.

Comment

• Another obscure celebrity.....

Richard "Dick" Beals (March 16, 1927 - May 29, 2012) was an American voice actor. He performed many voices in his career, which spanned the period from the early 1950s into the 21st century. He specialized primarily in doing the voices of young boys.

Perhaps his most recognizable characterization was the voice of the stop-motion animation figure called "Speedy Alka-Seltzer", featured in television commercials for more than 50 years.

His high voice and boyish appearance were due to a glandular problem; he did not go through puberty. Beals was 4 foot 7 inches (just under 140 cm) tall and weighed just under 70 pounds (about 31 kg).

During the late 1980s, Beals provided the voices for various characters on Garfield and Friends with the most major character he voiced being Jon's cruel nephew Rosco.

Dick Beals cause of Death
                      Dick Bealspassed away on May 29, 2012, at the age of 85

Comment

• Ann Rutherford, an actress who played Scarlett O'Hara's youngest sister in the legendary 'Gone With the Wind' died at age 94 on June 11, according to the Associated Press.

Rutherford died at her home in Beverly Hills and reportedly suffered from heart problems and was in declining health.

The actress also starred in several films in the Andy Hardy series, a long-running string of film which starred Lewis Stone as a small-town judge and Mickey Rooney as his teenage son. Rutherford played Rooney's love interest, Polly Benedict.

Her first marriage, to David May in 1942, ended in divorce; they had two children. In 1953, she married producer William Dozier, a union that lasted until his death in 1991. He was best known as the producer of the 'Batman' TV series.

Comment

• Frank Cady, an actor who portrayed the General Store owner Sam Drucker on 'Green Acres' and 'Petticoat Junction,' has died at age 96.

The actor passed away at his home in Wilsonville, Oregon, his daughter told the Los Angeles Times. A cause of death was not released.

Cady was best known for his role as General Store owner Sam Drucker on 'Green Acres,' a show which followed a Manhattan couple who left the city to live in a rundown farm, which ran from 1965 until 1971. Cady reprised the character in 'Petticoat Junction' and 'The Beverly Hillbillies.'

Cady had a recurring role as Doc Williams on 'The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet' and also appeared in films like 'Rear Window,' 'The Bad Seed' and 'The Million Dollar Duck.'

He and his wife Shirley moved to Oregon in the 1990's. The pair married in 1940 and had two children - daughter Catherine Turk and son Steven. Shirley Cady died in 2008, at age 91.

Comment

• I'm suprised you missed this Grandpa Troll:

Teófilo Stevenson, Cuban Boxing Great, Dies at 60

With formidable size and a powerful right hand, the Cuban heavyweight won three Olympic gold medals. He had 301 victories in 321 bouts over a 20-year career.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                              I'm suprised you missed this Grandpa Troll:

Teófilo Stevenson, Cuban Boxing Great, Dies at 60

With formidable size and a powerful right hand, the Cuban heavyweight won three Olympic gold medals. He had 301 victories in 321 bouts over a 20-year career.

ACK!
                              Thanks, had to do a few things, I really enjoyed his style!

Comment

• "Andy Hardy" was cool.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X