The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    Not sure why I am commenting, it is only with some degree of morbid fascination/disgust that I even read this thread, but I seem to keep being drawn back to it :shrug:
    You'll submit a team eventually.

You are treating this as a negative, I am thinking more on the positive...couldn't someone theoretically get twice the points if someone on their list dies twice ("confirmed" dead) in the same year? For that matter why stop at twice?

Come on now. Even the messiah only rose once.

If you are going to further clarify the rules, perhaps you could expand it further to prevent collusion and conspiracy. I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points (not specifically against the rules as I read them).

/me back to lurker mode
    Already covered.

21. a) You may not go out and “help yourself” win. Basically, you cannot kill someone on your list to give yourself more points. (any list actually).
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      I think DaShi should demonstrate he was not in fact in Libya on May 20th.
      I'm only bringing this case up because it is a clear murder with an unknown perpetrator. While it is extremely unlikely that Ozzy was responsible, it can't be entirely ruled out.

I've presented my argument. If the committee feels that Ozzy should keep his points, I have no problem with that. However, the rule should be clarified for the next round in case similar incidents occur. Afterall, we don't want to encourage people to kill those on their list surreptitiously.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you are going to further clarify the rules, perhaps you could expand it further to prevent collusion and conspiracy. I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points (not specifically against the rules as I read them).
        Crisscross!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Why not the bottom five?
          No topping from the bottom.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I would hate to see Ming and Jrabbit kill someone from each others list just to get each other the points
            That might be the only way for somebody on my list to die
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              No topping from the bottom.
              I'd like to top several bottoms.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                That might be the only way for somebody on my list to die
                I know you've had several years of dry spells but I assure you at this point I'd do just about anything to get someone on my list to die. It must be ten times worse for you.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Bob Welch, a guitarist who played with Fleetwood Mac before launching a solo career, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his chest, Nashville, Tennessee, police said Thursday. He was 66.

Welch's wife found his body in their Nashville home about 12:15 p.m., Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said.

"All indications are that it was a suicide," Aaron said. A suicide note was found, he said.

Welch played guitar with Fleetwood Mac starting in 1971. He left the group in late 1974, just before Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined the group.

Nicks said in a statement that Welch's death was "devastating."

"I had many great times with him after Lindsey and I joined Fleetwood Mac," singer Nicks said. "He was an amazing guitar player -- he was funny, sweet -- and he was smart.

"I am so very sorry for his family and for the family of Fleetwood Mac -- so,so sad," Nicks said.

Welch's biggest hits, "Sentimental Lady" and "Ebony Eyes" came from his debut solo album "French Kiss," released in November 1977.

CNN's Douglas Hyde and Michael Martinez contributed to this report.

Share this on:Facebook Twitter Digg delicious reddit MySpace StumbleUpon LinkedIn
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I just read it. Hard to believe.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sloww, your wisdom is needed on a matter of deciding rulings.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Wow. I saw the Welch-era Fleetwood Mac at the Assembly Hall in Champaign, spring of 1972 IIRC. Welch dressed in an all-white tailored suit and played his ass off. Great band.

RIP.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I didn't know there was a Fleetwood Mac before Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            Crisscross!

A "Throw Momma From The Train" refrence?
                            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by embalmer42 View Post
                              A "Throw Momma From The Train" refrence?
                              That was what I was thinking.

We must be getting old.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                                That was what I was thinking.

We must be getting old.

Since I'm your DL, I guess we are
                                If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X