No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick with conscious self-deception. You'll feel better about life.
    And death.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Jack Twyman and Orlando Woolridge have passed away.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Actress Kathryn Joosten, 72, has died from lung cancer.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2002987603.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	9093421

RIP, Mrs. Landingham...

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• PLATO receives his first ever Dead Pool hit.

Survey says...

LOS ANGELES, CALIF.—Richard Dawson, the wisecracking British entertainer who was among the schemers in the 1960s sitcom Hogan’s Heroes and a decade later began kissing thousands of female contestants as host of the game show Family Feud has died. He was 79.

Dawson, also known to TV fans as the Cockney POW Cpl. Peter Newkirk on Hogan’s Heroes, died Saturday night from complications related to esophageal cancer at Ronald Reagan Memorial hospital, his son Gary said.

A Unique Pick for PLATO (Rank 11)

= (171 - 11) + (100 - 79) + 25
          =206 points
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Prince Philip taken to hospital with bladder infection

The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to hospital with a bladder infection, Buckingham Palace says.

Prince Philip, who is 90, had treatment for a blocked coronary artery in December.

The news comes ahead of a Diamond Jubilee concert due to be held at the palace on Monday evening.

The event will be attended by 12,000 people and will end with the Queen due to light one of 4,500 beacons across the world marking her 60-year reign.
            The Duke of Edinburgh misses the Diamond Jubilee concert after being taken to hospital with a bladder infection.

Prince Phillip is the road runner to Death's Wile E Coyote.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I hope so.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Ozzy may have a hit.

A U.S. drone strike has killed al-Qaeda’s second-in-command, an American official said Tuesday, a significant blow to the terror network that has lost a string of top leaders since the death of Osama bin Laden last year.

Abu Yahya al-Libi was considered a media-savvy, charismatic leader who escaped from a U.S. prison in Afghanistan and helped preside over the transformation of al-Qaeda into a terror movement aimed at winning converts around the world.

Mr. al-Libi was the latest in the dozen-plus senior commanders removed in the clandestine U.S. war against al-Qaeda since Navy SEALs killed Mr. bin Laden.

The American official who confirmed Mr. al-Libi’s death said no one left in al-Qaeda comes close to replacing the expertise the group has just lost. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Mr. al-Libi was killed Monday morning. Pakistani officials had previously said that eight militants died in a drone strike in the Pakistani village of Khassu Khel in the North Waziristan tribal area.

Mr. al-Libi, a hero in militant circles for his 2005 escape from an American military prison in Afghanistan, was elevated to al-Qaeda’s No. 2 spot when Ayman al-Zawahri rose to replace Mr. bin Laden shortly after the terror leader was killed on May 2, 2011.

The State Department’s Rewards for Justice program had set a $1-million reward for information leading to Mr. al-Libi, who had filmed numerous propaganda videos urging attacks on U.S. targets.

Militants and residents in the area told Pakistani agents that Mr. al-Libi was in the house when it was hit, Pakistani intelligence officials said. They said the mud and brick house was destroyed in the attack. A vehicle used by Mr. al-Libi was destroyed during the strike, said one of the officials.

A local Taliban chief said earlier Monday that Mr. al-Libi was not present at the house, though his guard and driver were killed in the attack.

The intelligence officials also declined to be identified because they were not authorized to talk to the media. The Taliban chief spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of being targeted by the Pakistani army.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• How do we know that Ozzy wasn't piloting that drone?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I want to give it a few days though. This guy has been killed before.

Comment

• RIP Ray Bradbury

Sci-fi author Ray Bradbury, whose wrote classic books such as “Fahrenheit 451” and “The Martian Chronicles,” died Wednesday at 91.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 3 hits on that one.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Dang, another great one...
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            How do we know that Ozzy wasn't piloting that drone?
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• RIP to Ray Bradbury, one of the sci-fi icons of my youth...

Comment

Working...
                                X