The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, so I understand it:

No celeb can be used for more than one daily double (or hat trick, etc) for a single player, but a celeb can be used for both a DD and a HT and even a GS too.

Example: Four celebs die on the same day = 2 daily doubles, a hat trick, and a grand slam
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• This is not a discussion I need to worry about
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        Example: Four celebs die on the same day = 2 daily doubles, a hat trick, and a grand slam
        I believe at that point Wezil is obligated to contact the authorities.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Okay, so I understand it:

No celeb can be used for more than one daily double (or hat trick, etc) for a single player, but a celeb can be used for both a DD and a HT and even a GS too.

Yes, that is how I see it.

There is a very small potential for huge points. Anyone scoring a double, triple and grand slam would probably have this thing wrapped up anyway.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            This is not a discussion I need to worry about

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I believe at that point Wezil is obligated to contact the authorities.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• One less sweat hog.

'Welcome Back, Kotter' star Robert Hegyes dies at 60
              Jan. 26, 2012, 6:02 PM EST
              By Tim Kenneally
              TheWrap

Robert Hegyes, who played Juan Epstein on '70s sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter," died Thursday, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports. Hegyes, who died of an apparent heart attack after suffering chest pains at his Metuchen, N.J. home, was 60.

Hegyes had not been in good health for the past two years, his brother Mark Hegyes told the paper. The actor had suffered a previous heart attack in recent years.

Police responded to an emergency call from Hegyes' home at approximately 9 a.m. He was transported to JFK Medical Center in Edison, N.J., but at that point he had gone into full cardiac arrest.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sad. We also lost Robbie the Robot...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/ar...ies-at-85.html

Tufeld also narrated several series, did voiceovers for commercials, etc.

RIP, Dick Tufeld.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• anybody pick Demi Moore?

Demi Moore and Heather Locklear.

MINEZ
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• and Paula Deen
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Sad. We also lost Robbie the Robot...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/ar...ies-at-85.html

Tufeld also narrated several series, did voiceovers for commercials, etc.

RIP, Dick Tufeld.
                      What happened to Giant Death Robots?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                        What happened to Giant Death Robots?
                        No team submitted for 2012. Dick Tufeld was #4 on the 2011 list.

A news item I found that I thought Sloww might be interested in:

There was outrage in the past when a dwarf tossing event was held in Windsor, Ont., and it’s happening again.

The Leopard’s Lounge and Broil strip club is sponsoring a contest to see who can toss a dwarf the furthest on Saturday night.

Jennie Berkeley called her city councillor after seeing a sign promoting the event. She says she can’t believe something like this is allowed in this day and age.

Councillor Ron Jones says there’s no law on the books, provincial or municipal, preventing it.

A Windsor member of the Ontario legislature tried in 2003 to get dwarf tossing banned in the province.

Sandra Pupatello’s failed Dwarf Tossing Ban Act proposed a fine of up to $5,000 for organizing or participating in a dwarf tossing event.

Comment

• Dwarf Tossing should be an Olympic event.

I posted this in Sports.

Dwarf paralyzed in drunken rugby toss

The Dallas Dwarf Tossers are very aware of the dangers involved in tossing. Both tossers and dwarfs go through rigorous training, both in the classroom and in field exercises.

Martin Henderson, a 37-year-old man with dwarfism (read more about dwarfism), was celebrating his birthday in Somerset, England, recently when a hooded rugby fan allegedly picked him up and tossed him through the air. The fall to the ground left Henderson without feeling in his legs.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I should have bet on 'Poly dying...
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• 2/1/2012 90 Angelo Dundee Sports Boxing trainer known for his long association with Muhammed Ali

2/1/2012 75 Don Cornelius Entertainment Creator and host of the long-running TV music show, "Soul Train"

1/26/2012 77 Ian Abercrombie Entertainment He played Mr. Pitt on the TV series "Seinfeld" and Professor Crumbs on the series "The Wizards of Waverly Place", among many roles.

1/26/2012 60 Robert Hegyes Entertainment He played Sweathog Juan Epstein on the TV series "Welcome Back, Kotter".

1/25/2012 75 Nicol Williamson Entertainment Scottish actor stared as Merlin in "Excalibur".

1/24/2012 73 James Farentino Entertainment He appeared in the TV mini-series "Jesus of Nazareth" and the movie "The Final Countdown", he played Mr. Beck on a number of episodes of "Melrose Place".

R.I.P.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I just found out about Angelo Dundee. A bummer. Cornelius was a shock. I didn't know about James Farentino until this moment.
                                Been a bad week for celebrities.

RIP, all.

Comment

Working...
                                X