Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneel before Zod

I am back, *****es.

Yes indeedy, the Great Apolyton Outage of December 2011 was all due to me and my inability to remember my new password, which led to my discovery that the forum wasn't sending emails properly, which obviously led to the crack-up, since now I can suddenly get emails and a new password.

I tried to read the board every so often to keep up. A few thoughts:

Elok, as always, is a scholar and a gentleman. I often find myself wondering if I have missed the boat when it comes to the whole religion thing whenever he posts.

Then, of course, Hera would post, and such thought would fly from my mind, posthaste.

Jesus, Al, why so obvious in trolling Sloww?

Jesus, Sloww, why be trolled so obviously?

KH: never change.

Special thanks to Asher, Imran, and (yes) Ben Kenobi for helping me out when my account went all hinky, and to Plomp for trying to get me back in before finally saying **** IT and blowing the whole damned thing up.

Hakuna matata, *****es.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Aw, geez, I'm blushing. You're rad too.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A pox upon you for not mentioning me.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wishing pox upon a doctor is like wishing a collapsed building on an engineer. All you're doing is sending more business his way.

EDIT: Or possibly just giving him a problem he knows how to fix. Either way it's a lame threat.
        1011 1100

Comment

Oerdin: a pox on you for changing your name

Comment

I wish I knew what comment guy was talking about when he mentioned me...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

All of them, forever and ever, amen.

Comment

Your reverence is duly noted.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Then, of course, Hera would post, and such thought would fly from my mind, posthaste.
                  See, this makes me curious: why Hera? Yes, he's religious now, sort of, and yes, he has loathsome opinions, but in his case the two are entirely separate. He came up with his racist rubbish while he was an atheist and declined to jettison it when he decided to become...sort of theist. Shouldn't you be more turned off by a poster of a more Pharisaical bent? 'Cuz we've got some of those.
                  1011 1100

Comment

you left?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      See, this makes me curious: why Hera? Yes, he's religious now, sort of, and yes, he has loathsome opinions, but in his case the two are entirely separate. He came up with his racist rubbish while he was an atheist and declined to jettison it when he decided to become...sort of theist. Shouldn't you be more turned off by a poster of a more Pharisaical bent? 'Cuz we've got some of those.
                      Hera is proof there's no God.

Comment

I remember watching Christopher Hitchens early one morning maybe 20 years ago on C-SPAN having a chuckle at the thought of some toothless hillbilly from the Appalachians running around claiming to be made in God's image...

Comment

What was Hitchens doing on C-SPAN? Was he called before Congress as an "expert witness" of some sort, or what?
                          1011 1100

Comment

he was on their morning show with Brian Lamb (or crew), people actually get to talk without a host interrupting every 10 secs.

Comment

Oh. I don't watch C-SPAN, I always figured they just set up a camera in the Capitol and played it continually. It never occurred to me that they might have actual produced content, I assumed they simply played infomercials when Congress wasn't in session and they couldn't get other balding white guys to make passive-aggressive speeches in a big room. Well, now I know.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X