GOP Agenda, writ large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Agenda, writ large

"Why not do the right thing for the American people even though it’s not exactly what we want." - Boehner

At least we're now being honest.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Sorry for using Boehner's Boner already.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't think doing the right thing for the American people is the GOP agenda.

Comment

I'm confused. It sounds like cutting taxes, cutting some regulation on small business, and adding an oil pipeline... how is that not what "we" (the ones he's talking about) want? Do they need to bomb Iran to be satisfied or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          Sorry for using Boehner's Boner already.

I don't think Asher will mind. The last I heard he already had a SO.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            I'm confused. It sounds like cutting taxes, cutting some regulation on small business, and adding an oil pipeline... how is that not what "we" (the ones he's talking about) want? Do they need to bomb Iran to be satisfied or something?
            He's referring to the lobbyists.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's hilarious watching that video and hearing Boehner claim he really wanted a full one year extension. Obama's original offer was a one year extension and the Republicans said they didn't want any extension of the payroll tax cut or for unemployment benefits. Boehner & Co spent the last two months talking the extension down from 1 year to just 2 months... Then as soon as he talks it down to just two months he rejects the compromise he himself agreed to claiming he really wanted a full year extension. WTF? If you wanted a one year extension why did you spend a full two months talking it down to just a two month extension? His bull**** is completely transparent.

The other hilarious thing is that he scheduled a vote on the compromise but pulled it at the last second because it was going to pass. Even the tea baggers know they're up for reelection next year and if they vote against a tax cut for working people then they're dead. So even though the tea baggers didn't want the extension they were desperate not to go on the record for voting against it. What they really wanted was to kill it but make it look like it wasn't there fault but, for once, Obama played this well and left them no wiggle room. The Republicans had to either allow the extension (which they didn't want because it is good for the economy) or publicly take the blame losing seats next year.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The working class and the middle class who vote Republican don't realize that Republican politicians hate them. They're tools.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  He's referring to the lobbyists.
                  Which ones? They're on every side of every issue...

Comment

Working...
                  X