The achievements of Kim Jong Il

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The achievements of Kim Jong Il

Having been a totalarian dictator presiding over a particularly brutal regime, Kim does get get a rather bad press. Gulags, bloated military spending, starving population, repression, summary executions and (insert long list of really bad stuff here).

What good things came of his reign? What were the positives?

1. No chance of getting stuck in a traffic jam in North Korea. (People are too poor to afford cars, or fuel so I guess this "achievement" is the result of abysmal failure in economic management).

2. Conservation. DaShi pointed out in another thread that the absence of lights would do much for conservation. (Umh, another "achievement" directly resulting from failures).

3. Developing nuclear weapons (and thus destabilising the North east Asian region )

Can you add anything to this list?

No chance of a comeback for bouffants despite Marge Simpson's best efforts. After the Dear Leader, as styles go, it's dead in the water.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Same goes for platform shoes...?

Comment

I just learned in recent days that he was a great sponsor for movies. Sure, he had to kidnap directors to get their service, but I guess it was all done with their best in mind.

Attached Files
        Blah

Comment

He had a bowling score higher than Nixon's.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Same goes for platform shoes...?
            I read (BBC iirc) that he had 4 inch platform shoes. To make himself appear taller.

Comment

"**** you, Team Amewica!"
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

He fed Hans Brix to the sharks.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

He was great in those Hangover movies.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He successfully kept both himself and his family obese in a country filled with starving people living on 700 calories per day.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So......... what;s the low down on his kid?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Jong-Un looks like Cartman.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          So......... what;s the low down on his kid?
                          So far as I can gather, the kid may be more ruthless and self-centred than daddy. But without the years of experience. Umh, sounds like a recipe for disaster if this is so. (Imagine looking back on the Kim Jong Il years with nostalgia, yikes).

the kid

Comment

North Korea clearly lead the world in "hand washing pavements". Yes, there hand washing of pavements is far ahead of Yankystan and Eurostan. Don't believe me? read this....

Michael Bristow paints a picture of life in the North Korean capital Pyongyang, a world where pavements get washed by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                              Jong-Un looks like Cartman.
                              We haven't heard him speak. It would be hilarious if he sounded like Cartman too.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X