Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    Ben Kenobi was reading this thread a few minutes ago - evidently the Horrible Apolyton "Christians" have telepathic powers or something
    No, I expect he's just continuing to browse the site almost three months after he was banned, for some reason. I have this funny feeling we're going to see twenty-eight old threads necro'd by his rebuttals when he comes back in April.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      As I said, there are a multitude of reasons. At this time, however, I feel it's better to stay focused on my lack of familiarity with the consistency of exotic ruminants' vaginal secretions.
      It wouldn't have anything to do with me calling you a Bible hacker a while back does it, or do you think being a Bible hacker makes you better than me, just like you think lying about me makes you better than me?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Well, that accomplished nothing. Kid, you're now on my ignore list, so you might as well hush up.

I'm glad all the rest of you enjoyed the giraffe show, an impromptu gambit to get onto Kid's ignore list so I could chuckle at the magic blend of paranoia and hypocrisy that is Kid without getting constantly sucked into an endless string of pointless, unproductive "debates." As you can see, it took a turn for the bizarre, if not outright surreal, as I struggled to come up with more and more elaborate nonsense. It was fun while it lasted, though honestly I think the funniest part was the way that Kid refused to treat any part of it, no matter how obviously ridiculous, as anything less than deadly serious.
        1011 1100

Comment

• I think his full-blown retardation is sad, not funny.

Comment

• The constantly-escalating "giraffe show" was, literally, the funniest thing I've read on the internet in recent memory.

Take a bow and a victory lap, you glorious son of a *****.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• He did it again! He just said he was posting nonsense!

Well it's better that he put me on his ignore list. I actually feel bad that it's partually my fault for his behavior. Please no one quote this as he might see that as reason to take me off his ignore list.

Comment

No, I expect he's just continuing to browse the site almost three months after he was banned, for some reason. I have this funny feeling we're going to see twenty-eight old threads necro'd by his rebuttals when he comes back in April.
                Hopefully they will all involve racist comments and death threats.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  I think his full-blown retardation is sad, not funny.
                  While he's not going to win any Nobel prizes, I think a lot of Kid's stupidity is willful, the result of pride--and therefore not only acceptable, but appropriate, to laugh at.

I mean, do you think he seriously believes that it's better to sexually violate an animal than to make a completely unbelievable false claim about someone else doing so after saying, in advance, that it was false? No, and if it had been somebody else I'd said that to, someone he didn't care about, he probably would have the reverse opinion. But since it was him, his wounded vanity and love of fiery declamations kicked in and said something overstated to the point of absurdity. And then, being incapable of admitting error, he continued banging on about something completely indefensible, working himself up to a state where he pretty well believed it himself. At least, so it seems to me.
                  1011 1100

Comment

• Your behaviour in this thread and in others recently has certainly been worse than beastiality. You really need to be ashamed, but I guess you won't read this.

Comment

• I mean, if somebody actually accused me of sexual intercourse with a giraffe, my immediate reaction would be to wait five seconds for the punch line, take five more seconds to see if he cracked up, and then and only then say, "Dude, a giraffe? Seriously?" before (or possibly while) cracking up myself. I chose that particular idea specifically because it was too ludicrous to be believed; not only is it an exotic animal, the damned things are twenty feet tall and weigh half a ton. If you'll pardon me for quoting Austin Powers, "the sheer logistics of it are mind-boggling."

I expected Kid to do the same thing BK would do under such circumstances, namely purse his lips and say "Oh, that's terribly childish, I thought better of you Elok, we're having a serious conversation where I put absurd words in your mouth and not the other way around." Instead he goes off about mortal sin and unspeakable blasphemy and how I'm going to hell for a "false accusation" which borders on the physically impossible.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• You don't know what blaspemy against the Holy Spirit is. You falsely accused me, but you also falsely accuse the Holy Spirit. The latter is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

If you really believe that I believed that people believed that I'm a raper of giraffs then you shouldn't have said those things, because you could have really hurt someone, and that was obviously your intent.

Look I'm fairly tuff, but you don't just pull this kind of crap with me. You pull it with people like BK and others who take more offense to it. Shame on you. I pray that you repent.

Comment

While he's not going to win any Nobel prizes, I think a lot of Kid's stupidity is willful, the result of pride--and therefore not only acceptable, but appropriate, to laugh at.
                          Agreed. I think Kid has serious issues with his prideful nature. Of course such things make this thread possible.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                          X