Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Um no. Do you know what a leap of faith is? No because you haven't read Kierkegaard. Yes you see the Bible as possible truths outside of yourself but someting inside of you tells you it is true even though some things in there seem absurd to your rational mind. But having no alternative way of finding God you leap across a chasm in full abandon to what you used to believe.

Does this sound like you?
    Yes, sounds exactly like me. I trust in God, but you'd rather treat the Bible as a rule book and thus do not fully trust in Him. You cling to your Law and have not died in it to be reborn in the Spirit.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Interesting interpretation of the star. Can Satan do such a thing?

I believe in the importance of personal experience and that it makes us who we are. I don't believe that some interpretations are wrong, even though they aren't the original intended meaning of the author, because our interpretations will change over time with more experience and rereading. So since I see the problem of sin in the world as an existential problem, that is when we have an impure heart and don't think existentially, then I will interpret the Bible accordingly and differently from those who do not think in that way.

I probably have a similar interprtation of the Fall of Man story as you do except for the difference that has been mentioned.
      You remind me of the scene in "Good Will Hunting" where Will dresses down the Harvard grad student pointing out that his views are of those he's latest been thought. It seems you've started reading good ole Soren and decide he sounds pretty decent. Of course welding the focus on subjectivity in faith of existential Christianity and your previous hyper-objective the Bible = God proves to be hyper difficult.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• If you're just going to keep saying things like doing what the Bible says is something bad I'm going to regard you as a troll.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• To be guided by the Spirit means to do the will of God and making an acceptable sacrifice to Him. That's all that means. If you don't do the will of God, don't obey Him, you are not guilded by the Spirit. Close thread now.

Comment

• Can you accept Jesus without accepting the church?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you're just going to keep saying things like doing what the Bible says is something bad I'm going to regard you as a troll.
              Imran didn't say that. If you're having trouble parsing Imran it doesn't bode well for your interpretation of Kierkegaard.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Can you accept Jesus without accepting the church?
                Accept the church as your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  Can you accept Jesus without accepting the church?
                  Of course.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

To be guided by the Spirit means to do the will of God and making an acceptable sacrifice to Him. That's all that means. If you don't do the will of God, don't obey Him, you are not guilded by the Spirit. Close thread now.
                    1st - God made the ultimate sacrifice by dying on the cross. Our sacrifices mean nothing compared to that. Secondly, to be guided by the Spirit is to allow the Holy Spirit work through you. To obey God by listening and acting upon what the Spirit is leading you to do and not simply following blind rules.

Comment

• I don't know why I even try to talk to you.

Comment

• Clearly the correct form of Christianity is Kid's interpretation of a Danish-to-English interpreter's interpretation of Soren Kierkegaard's interpretation of the Bible.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• Clearly the correct form of Christianity is whatever Kid says it is, no matter how blasphemous and/or retarded
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Ah the correct form is clearly explained in the Bible, especially the NT. There are more instructions and emphasis placed on obedience in the NT than there is in the OT. You just choose to disregard it. The consequences and warnings are also givin multiple times. Those who don't follow the commands may recieve discipline. Others will face the most serious of consequences.

Comment

• Is it as clearly explained in the Bible as Eve wanting to impress the snake?
                              1011 1100

Comment

• The Bible is available for you to read for yourself. What do you say.?

Comment

Working...
                                X