Does Christianity Inspire Trust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Christianity Inspire Trust?

Let's say you had an accountant who was a fundamentalist evangelical who considered every part of the Bible to be 100% correct and he or she was fond of making claims about the chances of life existing if the universe had different physical laws and he or she called anyone with different beliefs stupid and he/she could not understand how the ratio of boys to girls could remain fairly stable without divine intervention. Would you trust that this Christian's mathematical calculations are accurate and correct and you won't end up making some kind of big mistake that lands you into trouble with the IRS or makes you lose a lot of money if you hire this accountant?

are you recommending someone?

Comment

No.

It's the same reason why I won't abide a president who doesn't accept evolution. Religion may have nothing to do with the job but it tells me where your head is at.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought he was a 'teacher'?
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Ben is the history teacher. Kidicious is an accountant.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I didn't know that.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Put it this way, I wouldn't let him anywhere near my end of year tax return Nor Ben near my (fictitious) kids...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I did usta be a history teacher.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

We've got both kinds

Comment

Actual quote from my brother's high school history teacher:
                      "What was the name of that guy again? The German guy. With the mustache."
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

History teacher is clearly the career for people who can't do anything else.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Well I couldn't teach so ...
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Doesn't being an accountant require some degree of logic?
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

It requires the ability to use a calculator

A CPA or whatever probably requires some level of intelligence, but I doubt that Kidicious has more than a degree from a correspondence course
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X