Emery Lee Cronkite Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emery Lee Cronkite Jr

Well, with heavy heart I share my Dad, Emery Lee Cronkite Jr. was called home at 8:20 am on 12-17-2011 after a battle with Pancreatic Cancer. I say heavy heart because I am selfish in wanting my Dad, but God was so merciful, and Dad is in Heaven as we speak!

I am actually in Milford CT at a hotel headed back to Maine, my Dad asked me to preach his funeral and it will be in Skowhegan Maine at Smart & Edwards funeral home this Tuesday.

I was with Dad when his Oncologist advised him without treatment, he would have 4-6 months of life, dad would have only had 10-12 if he did 6 months of Chemo. Dad chose Quality of Life over Quantity of Life, my Dad lasted just 3.5 months.

I share here because Apolyton has allways been a part of my life since I so love Civin, not a preeminent player, just an enthusiast who love those he has the opportunity to play with

Brother Bruce Cronkite A.K.A. Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I'm sorry for your loss.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

My prayers are with you and yours. He went easy, it sounds. I'm glad for that anyway.

R.I.P.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What part of pancreatic cancer sounds "easy" to you?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	snuffed_candle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	9092475
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Quickly then. You'll troll any thread, won't you, Drake?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My condolences, Grandpa Troll.
                May your beloved father rest in peace.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Quickly then. You'll troll any thread, won't you, Drake?
                  Trolling? I'm not the one telling people that pancreatic cancer is an "easy" way for their loved ones to die.

For the record, I've had a family member die of pancreatic cancer. It's terrible, painful, and very much not an "easy" way to go out. As such, I'm sympathetic to the struggle Grandpa Troll's father must have faced in his final months, unlike someone else in this thread.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Grandpa, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, fortunately they caught it really early, but she has decided on no chemo if it gets to that point.

God Bless, GT.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Condolances
                      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Thanks all, been very trying but God will deliver us. @ Slowwhand, I knew what you meant brother! @ Tupac, It is soul ripping to watch someone you love and respect decline, diminsh & dwindle down to a mere skeleton or shell of himself. The worse part was watching Dad hold onto his dignity, because a man wants to do what he allways had done for himself but cannot even move in bed, for in the near end, a person cannot control their organs, their mind goes as the cancer in the blood eats at their brain. Fentanol Patches, Adavan, Halladoll and Liquid Morphine every hour, watch his eyes tear up but cant speak. I pray God will one day stop this attrocity.

Thank you all fellow Apolytoners...

Brother Bruce
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sorry for your loss GT.
                          "

Comment

Sorry for your loss GT
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                              @ Tupac, It is soul ripping to watch someone you love and respect decline, diminsh & dwindle down to a mere skeleton or shell of himself.
                              Yeah, pancreatic cancer is a terrible thing. My condolences.

Comment

Working...
                              X