Two tiers of countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two tiers of countries

Tier 1: Countries where you can flush toilet paper.
    Tier 2: Countries where you can not flush toilet paper.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

What countries can you not flush toilet paper in?!
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Greece. And Afghanistan, because you wipe you butt with a flat stone there.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Thailand
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Some people from Mexico, will throw used TP in the garbage instead of flush it.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Greece. Egypt.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

In a lot of Muslim countries a water hose is used instead of toilet paper, so your dichotomy is flawed.
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                In a lot of Muslim countries a water hose is used instead of toilet paper, so your dichotomy is flawed.
                In Egypt, toilet paper is offered at the hotel but there are explicit instructions telling you not to flush.

So there is a 3rd tier then: Where toilet paper isn't used.

Bidets are nice but I refuse to use it as my only means of cleaning after taking a crap. Even the nice toilet integrated with drying action that I had at Hotel Niko in SF left me wanting.

Comment

What do you do with the toilet paper if you can't flush it?
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

You can't flush in Peru. The plumbing won't take it. Every bathroom has a lidded trash can right next to the toilet, and honestly it doesn't smell any worse than any equivalent bathroom (i.e., public restrooms in Peru smell as bad as public restrooms at similar facilities in NYC, due to people peeing on the seat/floor, etc.).
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Is this where the term "****hole" comes from? Or is that referring to countries that use squat ****ters?
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        You can't flush in Peru. The plumbing won't take it. Every bathroom has a lidded trash can right next to the toilet, and honestly it doesn't smell any worse than any equivalent bathroom (i.e., public restrooms in Peru smell as bad as public restrooms at similar facilities in NYC, due to people peeing on the seat/floor, etc.).
                        Do people fold the used scrap so the stained side is inside before they throw it into the bin?
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Is this where the term "****hole" comes from? Or is that referring to countries that use squat ****ters?
                          I believe it was first coined to describe Philly.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

I believe it was first coined to describe Philly.
                            That would make sense. Philadelphia is probably some Native American word that means "no one wants to ****ing live here."
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

they say not to flush here because of the bad plumming, but really you can get away with it. i always put it down the toilet and have never had a problem.

i remember when i was living in swansea and had to explain to an iranian housemate that we don't put used toilet papar in a bin, but down the toilet, he was very surprised.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X