Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    On the topic of marriage--

When I was a cashier at the grocery store, there were many memorable customers. The most memorable was a pair of middle-aged men who came through my aisle and were commenting on life's problems--back pains, muscle aches, etc. I joked that at age 17 I didn't really understand where they were coming from. So one of the guys says "Bill, I think we should crush one of his hands between two bricks and smash his kneecaps with a baseball bat--then he'll know what it's like to be fifty". After some more complaining, Bill quipped to me just as he was about to walk away with his groceries--"Kid, just a word of advice--never get married."

Not sure why I just told that story, but I figured anything was justified once someone made a turkey in the oven analogy to pregnancy. At any rate, Guynemer seems to have made a strong counter-argument.
    Happy marriages are great and bad ones are awful.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My dad thought his comment was hilarious, but fervently disagreed with him.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I saw this on another forum and I have to say it almost instantly gave me a stiffy.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is the stiffy for the misuse of "your" instead of "you're"? Because that's some real hard hitting ammo you can throw at her in the fight...

Comment

Spelling Nazi.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What could be more fun than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Spelling Nazi.
                Spelling anarchist.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Galnemer just gave me my Christmas gift a bit early. It is a turntable that looks like the dash of an old Studebaker, along with some vinyl record she bought, including The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour, Born To Run, as well as her dad's old vinyl collection, which includes amongst many others: CCR; Pink Floyd; Led Zeppelin; Jimi Hendrix; The Moody Blues; Earth, Wind, and Fire; Cream; etc.

Suck it, ****ers. My wife is the best.
                  You need some old soul and funk in there too. Some Aretha, War, Sly and the Family Stone, 'Dusty In Memphis', 'Wattstax'... but your wife does sound like a pearl without peer.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Parliament Funkadelic..........

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      I saw this on another forum and I have to say it almost instantly gave me a stiffy.

I'd also have to kill the thick b*tch for the typo...I'd get a real gun!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My dad thought his comment was hilarious, but fervently disagreed with him.
                        Who gives a sh*t what daddy thinks?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Um, me? I value my father's opinion on life, as he's been extremely successful at it. I intend to learn from the best.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I think PH may have hit the nail the on the head here.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Um, me? I value my father's opinion on life, as he's been extremely successful at it. I intend to learn from the best.
                              We don't. Do I go on about what my parents think? No, because it's fairly pathetic...
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X