Anyone Lost A Baby Shark ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Lost A Baby Shark ?

I've seen herons, the occasional hedgehog, swans, squirrels, but not come across this before. At least, not on the pavement:

It was spotted by Ruth Wakeling who was confronted by what appeared to be a dead baby shark in between two parked cars on the corner of Eustace Road and Buxton Road in East Ham.

Baffled resident Ruth, of Eustace Road, was at a loss to figure out how it got there. After scratching her head, she dragged her disbelieving husband to see the specimen. They were soon joined by several neighbours who also pondered over the puzzling discovery.

She said: “I still haven’t got a clue where it came from. We have all been joking about it and we decided it must have fallen out of the sky.”

They reported it online to the council’s waste and recycling department, while her curious neighbours put it in a bin bag by the kerb because “we were unsure what to do with it at the time”.

Ruth, who works as a legal secretary, said:“I don’t know where it came from. We’ve all been talking about it at work as well and everyone’s completely baffled.”

Ruth added that they knew the shark wasn’t a fake because it gave off quite a powerful smell - something which council workers confirmed when they came to pick it up a few days later.

Enquiries are ongoing but if you can solve the mystery of how a dead baby shark came to be in East Ham, call us on (020) 8478 4444 or email melissa.york@archant.co.uk.

A council source said: “It looks like this shark came to a dead end after being in the jaws of a dilemma. When we received the call we thought there was something fishy about it. But there was definitely truth in the tail.”

Local news headlines for Newham, Stratford and the surrounding London areas from the Newham Recorder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	976353901.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	9135448

There was apparently a shower of flounders and smelts in East Ham in 1984...
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

when they came to pick it up a few days later
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Dead sharks probably don't feature on rapid response lists.

There's a brightly-coloured van that drives around Bristol, proudly emblazoned with the big sign "DRUG AND SEX LITTER- RAPID RESPONSE UNIT". Those driving it might as well have "My career didn't turn out how I planned" tattooed across their foreheads.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I am surprised that the title was not "Shark Attack Thwarted in East Ham!"

Baffled residents of Eustace Road were at a loss to figure out why the flying sharks attacked. Ruth, of Eustace Road, after scratching her head, and dragging her disbelieving husband into shelter, realised that waiting for the Police department to act will result in all of them being eaten alive by the flying beasts rampaging on the streets. The only option left on the table was for her to organize Eustace Road defence force herself. She was soon joined by several neighbours who put on a brave display together while fighting off the flying monsters. No one was injured in the attack except one dead baby shark found later on the parking lot.

Ruth said: “I still haven’t got a clue where they came from. We have all been joking about it and we decided it must have fallen out of the sky, but I am glad we still have our limbs attached to our bodies.”

Local police department refused to comment, while local animal conservation groups protested the mistreatment of the baby shark suspecting this was all a cover for the illegal Chinese shark fin soup industry operation in UK.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You would be surprised how often this stuff happens. I mean if you find a dead deer in the road your first thought is oh a car hit it because that's not unusual but it could have come from anywhere. Its just that a shark is out of place so it makes you think hmmm, where did this come from, ahha.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
            I am surprised that the title was not "Shark Attack Thwarted in East Ham!"
            Sharks know better than to cruise the deadly streets of East Ham looking for trouble. Them folk's vicious.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Someone needs to do an "Anyone lost a baby Stark?" thread. It could be about Rickon Stark.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
              X