Cop killing at VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop killing at VT

A cop got shot by a crook at a routine stop in Blacksburg, Virginia and suddenly it's a "school shooting" and most of my friends there are panicking like little girls. This makes no ****ing sense. It does not compare even a little bit to the mass murder in 2007. If this had happened in Danville or even Fairfax no one would be making a huge fuss.

On the other hand, it sucks that some scumbag was scared enough about his criminal record to take the life of a cop and an innocent bystander. RIP.

In other news, I can't wait to see what happens to Virginia's gun laws. Will they loosen them again like last time?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Yes, a shooting on campus would indeed be a school shooting.

Link
    A police officer was shot and killed early this afternoon on Virginia Tech's campus during a routine traffic stop, putting the campus on lockdown for several hours. The suspect fled the scene, and police later found another body, along with a gun, on campus grounds.

NBC reported that the second body is believed to be the shooter and that the recovered weapon was his own, but police would not confirm that identification at a press conference Thursday evening, saying the investigation is still pending.

"Today tragedy again struck Virginia Tech in a wanton act of violence," said Charles Steger, president of Virginia Tech at the press conference. "Our hearts are broken again for the family of our police officer and we extend our deepest sympathy and condolences." He said counseling will be available for university students and staff.

Robert Carpentieri, of the Virginia state police, said at the presser the slain police officer stopped a driver for a traffic violation when a third party approached the officer and shot him. Virginia Tech deputy chief of police Gene Deisinger said the officer was a four-year veteran on the campus force. The officer's identity is being held pending notification of his extended family. It is believed to be the first time a Virginia Tech university police officer has been killed in the line of duty.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      A cop got shot by a crook at a routine stop in Blacksburg, Virginia and suddenly it's a "school shooting" and most of my friends there are panicking like little girls. This makes no ****ing sense. It does not compare even a little bit to the mass murder in 2007. If this had happened in Danville or even Fairfax no one would be making a huge fuss.

On the other hand, it sucks that some scumbag was scared enough about his criminal record to take the life of a cop and an innocent bystander. RIP.

In other news, I can't wait to see what happens to Virginia's gun laws. Will they loosen them again like last time?
      Last I heard Virginia only bans a couple guns. Ridiculously loose laws.

You can't prevent stupid people living in a stupid state from doing stupid things. Just don't be stupid and visit or live there.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You're not allowed to have automatic shotguns. I think that's the only restriction.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Freedom to shoot cops and students on campus
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Freedom to shoot cops and students on campus
            No, that is definitely illegal in Virginia.

Comment

Working...
            X