2012 Dead Pool discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Dead Pool discussion

I've had a few queries about next year's pool...

To be clear - I will not be organising or participating in a 2012 OT Dead Pool.

I have been semi-retired from Poly since May of this year and will become full-time retired after the conclusion of the 2011 pool.

I welcome someone else to step up and run a 2012 pool (if there is interest in such) and will provide whatever materials I have to assist with continuity.

The Canadian Cadaver Dogs intend to go pro in the Dead Pools and will only be playing at Derby in the future (derbydeadpool.co.uk).

Thanks to all the Poly players over the years and good luck in the future.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I'll do it if no one else can, but with a major new client on board and my mom constantly on medical watch, my time is REALLY at a premium these days.

Sure would be nice if someone else could step up to run the 2012 version...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Time required?

I find the lead up, sorting teams and preparing opening posts takes about 10 hours total.

Each hit requires up to an hour to update (this could be shortened if you ditch historical stats).

End of year requires another hour to hand out remaining bonus points and update.

I also spend about an hour a month checking on the more obscure celebs.

That comes to about 40 hours per year. It is a commitment.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe DaShi will do it.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why not you, Sloww?
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

well, there is nothing other than to say: Thank you Wezil, and enjoy your retirement
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Job that I'm still trying to turn things around and mom issues of my own.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, I'll do it.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You messin' with us?

Comment

I probably wouldn't have the time to do it, but if no one else steps up, I can give it a whirl provided everyone chills the **** out when I start running behind, because I will run behind.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                    X