Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
    No, it really doesn't.
    Did mom and dad forget to take off the parental controls on your interwebs? Is that why you can't get any information the adults get?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd actually be fascinated if you could find me a case where funds in a pension trust were withdrawn from that trust and used for other purposes.

Comment

Sava, Kuci works for an actuarial firm. One of his clients is the city of Newport News. And I think South Carolina? (Correct me if I am wrong, Kuci) He is what you would call an "expert".
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Fun fact: it was a Democrat governor who made public-sector collective bargaining illegal in VA.

L Douglas Wilder
          Jimmy Carter made collective bargaining illegal for federal employees.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. I'm not a real actuary yet...

xpost

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
              Jimmy Carter made collective bargaining illegal for federal employees.
              God dammit, this almost makes me like him.

How about this: Southern Democrats Except ****, that makes it sound like I support segregation....

Comment

I actually hate the teacher unions, and don't think they help teachers or society.

They generally focus reward on seniority and special positions (admin/special education) rather than on skill/talent. They are very active in other political areas (democrat) and not just teaching related ones.

Really they should be acted against.

It doesn't mean that teachers are taking advantage of the system, although I guess they are the ones who elect their union officials and have supported the current status.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

"Insurance providers" for a self-insured plan are basically just misnamed claims administrators.
                  Understanding what people call things is not as good as understanding how systems work.
                  Cigna is the "claims administrator" for the state of IL... but they are an evil insurance company that makes/steals a ****load of money and contributes nothing... quite literally. Get sick. Go to the doctor. Look at your bill. They'll charge thousands of dollars for ten dollar, routine tests.

But then again, your job isn't to have first hand experience and understanding with these things.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd actually be fascinated if you could find me a case where funds in a pension trust were withdrawn from that trust and used for other purposes.
                    Would SS count as a pension trust?

Comment

Every time I visit the post office I wonder how much those mouth-breathing imbeciles behind the desk are paid. I'm certain the answer is "too much", especially when you count their pension and medical benefits.

**** public sector workers.

UPS, FedEx. etc:
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Sava, Kuci works for an actuarial firm. One of his clients is the city of Newport News. And I think South Carolina? (Correct me if I am wrong, Kuci) He is what you would call an "expert".

This deserves 8 laughy smilies.

The only person born after 1985 that is an expert on anything is the little kid that wrote Angry Birds.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          Every time I visit the post office I wonder how much those mouth-breathing imbeciles behind the desk are paid. I'm certain the answer is "too much", especially when you count their pension and medical benefits.

Some post offices get less than one customer per day. You can thank Congress for that.

Also, clearly arguing with Sava is useless--he lives in his own fantasy land, and will not accept any reality but his own.

Comment

Believe me. I'm all for firing all those people just so they can become a giant mob, go to GS offices, and kill every soul sucking fuktard there.

I mean, if I have to vote for Herman Cain or Newt Gingrich to make that happen, I will.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Understanding what people call things is not as good as understanding how systems work.
                              Cigna is the "claims administrator" for the state of IL... but they are an evil insurance company that makes/steals a ****load of money and contributes nothing... quite literally. Get sick. Go to the doctor. Look at your bill. They'll charge thousands of dollars for ten dollar, routine tests.
                              Holy **** you're an idiot. The level of ignorance in this post is mind-boggling.

Comment

UPS, FedEx. etc:
                                Actually, Sweden got rid of post offices, instead shops (basically like 7-11/etc) handle that. There are still postal workers to pick up the mail and send it along, but there are not post offices. They are run by private shops (which are certified/etc).

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X