How politically partisan are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How politically partisan are you?

Partisan meaning that you identify with a political party and you toe your party's line on the issues. This is not intended to imply that a partisan person is less thoughtful or engaged than an independent. Maybe the party you chose just happens to be a fantastic fit for your political philosophy. Or the advantages of being on-message outweigh any reservations you have about your party's platform. If I'm fighting by your side when the ess hits the eff, I would prefer you be really, really, really dependably partisan.

I think of Sean Hannity as the world's greatest partisan. Always perfectly on message, to a degree unmatched by the other commentators on Fox News. If you prefer a Democrat example, it's got to be James Carville, eh?

Anyway, how much can I count on you to preach your party line on a scale of 1 through 10 (one being really independent, 10 being really partisan.) You don't have to reveal your party, just let me know your number.

I'm about a 7 on the 1 - 10 scale. I have a clear preference and I can usually rationalize my parties' behavior, but I don't always agree.

Can't you spam Other Games, or some other forum?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Partisan 0. I am a classic swinging voter and I vote differently depending on the level of government the vote is for.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Does Venart know you're a classic swinger?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If I were appointed supreme dictator of the country, I suspect I would be a little bit more popular with registered Democrats than with registered Republicans.

I also typically vote a straight Republican ticket, and will largely defend only Republicans in public discourse.

I don't believe that this is inconsistent, and I am quite willing to be labeled as a partisan.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I will vote for the occasional Democrat for state or local government, but probably not ever for the federal government. I'm pretty much a Republican, though I disagree with the GOP on several important things--primarily gay rights, the drug war, and immigration.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Like, everything of substance?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. I vote straight ticket every election, son!

But as a Philadelphia resident, my vote doesn't matter

With that said, if the presidential election came down to a Michelle Bachmann or one of those other non-Romney retards vs. Obama... gah... I'd be abstaining.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm extremely partisan. On the other hand, I'm also extremely in favour of democracy. I have trained thousands of people of all political stripes on running elections.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I'm extremely partisan. I won't vote for douchebags. As you can imagine, this leads to me not voting very much at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I will vote for the occasional Democrat for state or local government, but probably not ever for the federal government. I'm pretty much a Republican, though I disagree with the GOP on several important things--primarily gay rights, the drug war, and immigration.
                      Okay, so they hate gays, want to throw marijuana smokers in prisons with the rapists and murderers and keep brown-skinned people in poverty... but at least they won't raise your taxes!

Comment

I think we can pretty well figure out how partisan gribbler is based on that post.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

My income tax rate was higher during the Bush administration than Obama. Strange.

Not sure why that is.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm more of a political halberd.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              I'm more of a political halberd.
                              That there pun game is vicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X