Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again. IMF preparing Italian bailout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again. IMF preparing Italian bailout.

Just a rumor at this stage. But given the paralysis of European leaders, and the Financial Times speculating that the Eurozone has just 10 days left at this rate, it looks as if the US is riding to the rescue...

'Cos guess where the IMF is apparently getting the money from? The Federal Reserve. Stepping in to act as Europe's lender of last resort. How utterly humiliating for the EU.

Our EU posters need to thank an American when they see one.

This is looking more and more like the second Great Depression.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I don't see the Federal Reserve mentioned in your link.

Comment

Ultimately it will probably come from the The Fed, the ECB, China, and Japan but the Fed will be a big part of it. I'm thinking let them fail might not be a bad thing.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

considering that the US still hasn't paid its contribution to the 2009 IMF expansion, it seems unlikely they'd be providing the funds for an IMF 'rescue' of italy.

also, it's worth noting that there is a new rumour about a 'solution' to the european debt crisis just about everyday.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Europe (with the exception of Finland) still hasn't paid America back for WW1 debt.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What do you think the IMF is for?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
            X