So, Western Civilization...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Western Civilization...

Is it collapsing now, or what? I'd really like to know in advance.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

With Christianity on the decline, Western Civilization is obviously doomed

Comment

It ain't gonna be what it used to be, and that may be a good thing.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Have it ever been what it used to be ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think it used to be what it was.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think it'd be a good idea.

BOOM. You've been Gandhi'd, mother****er.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Fine, I'll just call Pekka then.
              1011 1100

Comment

Also, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm vaguely thankful that I'm in a country with a stable currency, myself.
                1011 1100

Comment

Western civilisation already collapsed in the 20th Century. It's social democracy and the welfare state that's collapsing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    I think it'd be a good idea.

BOOM. You've been Gandhi'd, mother****er.
                    Well done, sir.

Comment

existentialism
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So, Western Civilization...
                        It seemed a good idea at the time.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          Western civilisation already collapsed in the 20th Century. It's social democracy and the welfare state that's collapsing right now.
                          Western Civ died at Verdun, what's left is a large stinking eldritch abomination of a corpse that's choking humanity with its weight. Let us hope mankind will have the strength to cast the maggot infested mass into tartarus where it belongs.
                          Last edited by Heraclitus; November 25, 2011, 19:11.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

That's ****ing stupid, the west is a much better place now than it was a hundred years ago.

Comment

well that's one view. i mean people live longer, healthier lives, have good education, healthcare, a welfare state, advanced technology and more free time to enjoy it, but it also has more black people, or something, which probably makes it worse.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X