No announcement yet.

Google using the search page to promote Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without as many ads. Given his argument with Google (and thus with Bing that uses very similar ad placement), it seems a reasonable alternative. He just wants the search results.

Compare the same search in Bing and DDG. At 1280x1024 I see 2 full actual results on the page without scrolling on Bing and 4 on Google. I see 6 on DDG. (It should be more, they use too large of fonts by default, and the formatting looks a bit messy in general.)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      You know you're using Bing, right?
      well it is not just Bing according to this some sort of hybrid underpinning

DuckDuckGo's results are a mashup of many sources, including Yahoo! Search BOSS, Wikipedia, Wolfram Alpha and its own Web crawler, the DuckDuckBot.[2][20][21] It uses data from crowd-sourced sites, especially Wikipedia, to populate "Zero-click Info" boxes, which are red boxes containing topic summaries and related topics above results.[22] DuckDuckGo also offers the ability to show mostly shopping sites or mostly info (non-shopping) sites via search buttons on its homepage.[23]

but whomever runs the search at the back - what is most important is that it has the right interface, with adequate results, etc... at least from what I am seeing

+ you can change the formatting
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I do like the privacy and that they attempt to pierce the filter bubble though I've never used DDG.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X