Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House bill would put multitrillion dollar portfolio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House bill would put multitrillion dollar portfolio...

under the control of people making less than many 20-somethings in finance.

(sorry for the fox link; it was the first google result I found)

The House bill would suspend the 2011 pay packages for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac executives. Instead, the FHFA would be required to come up with a compensation system for executives that is based on a government pay scale.

The committee adopted an amendment that would use the pay scale that applies to independent financial regulators, such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp, which allows for higher pay than at most federal agencies.

Rep. Al Green, who offered the amendment, said this would have the effect of limiting the highest salaries to about $260,000 per year.

260k is the NKI
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Government
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Republicans

Comment

The House of Representatives Financial Services Committee approved the legislation 52-4

The Republicans have 52 of the 56 members of this committee?
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I looked it up and they have 33 out of 60. All you've proven is that at least 82% of the voting Democrats were in favor of it. Republicans

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            I looked it up and they have 33 out of 60. All you've proven is that at least 82% of the voting Democrats were in favor of it. Republicans
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How much did we pay the guys who ran it into the ground in the first place?

Comment

they have to make sure that bribeable and corrupt losers take on those positions... bi-partisan planning, at least they can agree on something
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Al Green

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    Al Green
                    What does Al Green have to do with this again?
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      Rep. Al Green, who offered the amendment, said this would have the effect of limiting the highest salaries to about $260,000 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        QFT
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

To be fair, they are paying a lot of money for garbage men in this case.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                          X