America Once Again Teeters on the Edge of the Abyss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Once Again Teeters on the Edge of the Abyss

NBC has just released its midseason schedule, and with it comes the expected reshuffling of its Thursday night comedy block, and the decision that many viewers feared but perhaps never dared to believe the network might actually go through with: The fervently beloved yet very low-rated Community is being pulled from…

Today in news from the darkest timeline: NBC pulls Community from its midseason lineup

By Sean O'Neal November 14, 2011
    NBC has just released its midseason schedule, and with it comes the expected reshuffling of its Thursday night comedy block, and the decision that many viewers feared but perhaps never dared to believe the network might actually go through with: The fervently beloved yet very low-rated Community is being pulled from the lineup, replaced in its timeslot by the returning 30 Rock. So far neither NBC nor creator Dan Harmon has issued a statement on the show’s future, but it should be noted that this isn’t an official cancellation. The New York Times’ Bill Carter (as relayed by colleague Brian Stelter) says that NBC is only keeping Community off the air “for a brief time”—though obviously that’s fairly open-ended, not likely to assuage fans at all, and does not bode well for its chances of being renewed next year. In the meantime, Thursdays will become the new home to Up All Night, while Whitney has finally been shunned and scorned right out of the programming block—and into a cushy new home as the anchor of Wednesday night. So there, everything worked out in the end, except the exact opposite of that.
    UPDATE: The Futon Critic says it's been assured by NBC that all 22 episodes of the third season will be shot and aired. Meanwhile, Harmon has (obliquely) commented on the hiatus with "Streets Ahold!" Also, this still sucks.
    Someone call Guynemer and make sure he's ok.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Nooooo! Losing Cougar Town was bad enough...

Comment

In before Guynemer makes an idiocracy reference
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
          Nooooo! Losing Cougar Town was bad enough...

Also, cougar town is cancelled? You lie! LIES!
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Are they going to do half seasons of Community/30 Rock for the foreseeable future (since 30 Rock has become almost a permanent midseason replacement)? We can only hope
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Six seasons and a movie!

SP
              I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

i think they will make a fourth season to get some syndication money. the show have dropped in quality tho and whit that story it really cant go on forever anyway.

iam going to miss troy and abed the most. annies boobs iam sure are gona find there way to another show. but troy and abed are probly gone.

Comment

Urge to kill... rising.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Community may not be dead...

Please let there be a fourth season. #sixseasonsandamovie

Comment

Well, at least Arrested Development is coming back. And getting a movie! Maybe Community will follow the same route.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                        the show have dropped in quality.
                        and just cus i said that this weeks episode was probly the best one ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X