No announcement yet.

Some people just want to watch the world burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a single member of the Greek parliament pays any taxes. At all.
    They deliberately refrain from collecting taxes during election years.
    The majority of Greek doctors report income below poverty level.

Yeah, we're doing pretty good. By comparison.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

yes, this was clear to me before - ie gross tax evasion, but this article covers it quite nicely...

Greece should go 100% sales tax and be done with it, they have a really good case for doing so. It would be interesting to see how that experiment would go.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Why? No one pays the sales tax in Greece either. Just notice how they never give you a receipt; it's because the company pretends they're not making the sale on their tax forms even though any accountant would automatically know they're full of ****.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

sure... just put a German in charge... and it will work like a dream
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

An interesting phenomenon in American politics in the fact that while Americans are among the most anti-tax of electorates, we also have one of the highest tax compliance rates in the world.

Just stating facts in the vain hope that I can make guy feel better.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              An interesting phenomenon in American politics in the fact that while Americans are among the most anti-tax of electorates, we also have one of the highest tax compliance rates in the world.
              Thus why we're so anti-tax! We'd be all for taxes we can get away with not paying!

Comment

That's why I figure much of Europe is so pro tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  That's why I figure much of Europe is so pro tax.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Your argument is that in Europe we're so pro tax we refuse to pay it?
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

We've got both kinds

Comment

We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          Your argument is that in Europe we're so pro tax we refuse to pay it?
                          No, that's not what I meant. I meant that in a lot of places, people don't mind nominal tax increases because they won't actually be directly affected. Did you really need four posts of mock laughter to illustrate your thorough misunderstanding of what I said?

Comment

I had a meeting or it would have been more.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

It was 1 mocking laugh for each thing I found funny about that post.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X