No
    45.00%
    Yes
    5.00%
    Quarantine them all, in Philadelphia
    35.00%
    Feed them on bananas
    15.00%

I always wondered why "exterminated" didn't mean to end a termination. Like exgirlfriend is not your girlfriend anymore.

Comment

I have never wondered about that myself, however it is a very good question. I may spend the rest of my life trying to figure it out, now that you mention it.

Comment

1540s, "drive away," from L. exterminatus, pp. of exterminare "drive out, expel, drive beyond boundaries," also, in L.L. "destroy," from phrase ex termine "beyond the boundary," from ex- "out of" (see ex-) + termine, abl. of termen "boundary, limit, end" (see terminus). Meaning "destroy utterly" is from 1640s, a sense found in equivalent words in French and in the Vulgate; earlier in this sense was extermine (mid-15c.). Related: Exterminated; exterminating.
        here
        "drive away," from Latin exterminatus, past participle of exterminare "drive out, expel,… See origin and meaning of exterminate.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Some things are better left unanswered...

Comment

Just the loose ones.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
              Should dogs be exterminated?
              New dog wardens:

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
              X