Prince Charles claims Vlad the Impaler as ancestor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Charles claims Vlad the Impaler as ancestor

The heir to the British throne says he is related to Vlad the Impaler, the cruel 15th-Century Romanian warlord who helped inspire Bram Stoker's 1897 vampire novel Dracula.

He makes the comments on an upcoming TV show to promote his interest in protecting the forests of Romania's Transylvania region.

Charles says genealogy shows that he is related to Vlad, giving him a stake in the future of Romania. The prince has long worked to conserve the forests and has bought a home in the region.

On a visit to Romania earlier this year, he called Transylvania a national treasure because of its unspoiled landscape and centuries-old rural farming traditions.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ula/50952420/1

What? those wacky brits did not know the royals were bloodsuckers?

Charles says genealogy shows that he is related to Vlad, giving him a stake in the future of Romania.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That was 500 years ago. You could easily have a million 15th century ancestors.

Comment

cuz if he wasn't related to Vlad, they could slash and burn that whole gorramn country
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          That was 500 years ago. You could easily have a million 15th century ancestors.
          We're talking about the british royal family. Shouldn't be more than ~20-30 ancestors on that time scale.
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

explains the beautiful looks... he misses drinking blood way too much... someone give him some "made in UK" virgins or something...
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Oh....
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Vlad the impaler is such a cool name.
                Flash Games|Play free Games

Comment

It's not like his mother gave it to him or anything.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No. That would be Vlad Dracula. "Wladislaus Dragwlya" as he would write it in Latin documents.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

was this theard about bulgaria?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X