coffee break economics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee break economics

I was reading another interesting article(/speech), this time from Britain.

It suggests that what is wrong with out financial system is a political environment that encourages a small subset of people (the managers) to behave in a highly volatile fashion as well as pointing out ways to correct for such a system.

Of interest is return on assets being a better measure than return on equity and tax deductible interest being a prime cause of the volatility.

I should probably look at it again at some later time when I have more time, what do others think?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I could use a good cup of coffee right about now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

One more cup...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I would say that if this thread turns into one of those old coffee shop threads, I'll shoot myself, but that would probably encourage it more.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

... of coffee for the road
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Your father, he's an outlaw, and a wanderer by trade...
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

He'll teach you how to pick and choose
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

in before KH yells at JM
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If you don't leave me enough coffee for my coffee break, I might have to break you, ya dig?
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

In after HC guzzles KH's bathwater.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

too late
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Do you have a reason to post this?

JM

Comment

Working...
                        X