An American cult of personality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An American cult of personality

A clear example of such a phenomena can be seen here.

FDR would have won as many terms as he would have lived to see. But naturally this isn't a big deal because you see FDR was a good guy. And this naturally is perfectly democratic, unlike say the repeated election of Vladimir Putin. Because you see Vladimir Putin dosen't have friends in Harvard. No one really believes in democracy except hicks with quaint ideas of independent thought, the process of government is a scientific process bound to improve due to the magic of Whig history or so the progressive believes.

What happened to the power structure that FDR built? Was it replaced by some other clique? Did it just vanish? No comrade it had simply became obsolete, FDR's death provided a convenient Schilling point for its transformation to something more in tune with the times, a better system of control. If you are wondering how this transformation came about and what where the forces that made FDR possible in the first place read Mencius Moldbug.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; October 24, 2011, 09:10.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    No one really believes in democracy except hicks with quaint ideas of independent thought, the process of government is a scientific process bound to improve due to the magic of Whig history or so the progressive believes.
    Uhh what? I'm not sure what "progressives" you've been talking to.

Comment

Yeah I don't understand how history is magic. Other than that I get it.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Wilkie and Dewey got plenty of votes in '40 and '44.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Great, now Ben-lite is posting again.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            If you are wondering how this transformation came about and what where the forces that made FDR possible in the first place read Mencius Moldbug.
            Chinese spammers > Mencius Moldbug
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I like this part

Again, we are left with pure confusion.

the man knows what he is talking about
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Does anybody actually believe there is such a thing as government? It's just guys with guns... and nuclear weapons.

stupid humans
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  Does anybody actually believe there is such a thing as government? It's just guys with guns... and nuclear weapons.

stupid humans
                  Don't forget language. ... They have language
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                  X