If I made $500,000 a year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I made $500,000 a year...

If I made $500,000 a year would you protest me(I'm a small business owner). If not, why would you protest the top 1%?
    Flash Games|Play free Games

Do you mean, would I picket your house? Sure, why not.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Archbob View Post
      If I made $500,000 a year would you protest me(I'm a small business owner). If not, why would you protest the top 1%?
      Yeah, I would.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Come to think of it, I might picket your house if you made $50,000 a year. Or $5,000 a year. I've got all of these "Archbob is a douchebag" picket signs and nothing to do with them.

Comment

I don't know what this thread is about, but I'd like to subtly brag that I just got my second unsolicited raise in 4 months today. (Don't listen to anyone who tells you it's bad to have recruiters from big name companies add you on LinkedIn)

Suck it, lowlifes! Suck on it!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What's a "solicited" raise? Does it involve leather?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              I don't know what this thread is about, but I'd like to subtly brag that I just got my second unsolicited raise in 4 months today.

Asher, master of subtlety.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                What's a "solicited" raise? Does it involve leather?
                You get solicited raises by saying "You need to pay me more or I'm leaving now mid-project, ****ing you over."

They are quite effective, but only in the short-term. I've not employed them myself, I just watch other people doing it only to get fired after projects complete.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I don't know what this thread is about, but I'd like to subtly brag that I just got my second unsolicited raise in 4 months today. (Don't listen to anyone who tells you it's bad to have recruiters from big name companies add you on LinkedIn)

This thread is about the occupy wall street protests and how the protestors (we already have a thread about them, but I guess that doesn't matter) call themselves "the 99%". Making over $500,000 in the US puts you in the top 1%. Archbob was trying to be clever or something.

Comment

What address would you like the angry mob at? (24 hr. notice required).

Are we talking personal or business amount. Gross or net?

If it is personal gross or net, Yes, you should be paying a high tax rate. Do you have employees or are you self employed? If you have employees, do they have a Union? ... etc. etc.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      This thread is about the occupy wall street protests and how the protestors (we already have a thread about them, but I guess that doesn't matter) call themselves "the 99%". Making over $500,000 in the US puts you in the top 1%. Archbob was trying to be clever or something.
                      It's no wonder those people don't make money if all they do is spend their time having sex and drinking beer on the streets.

Comment

You get solicited raises by saying "You need to pay me more or I'm leaving now mid-project, ****ing you over."

They are quite effective, but only in the short-term. I've not employed them myself, I just watch other people doing it only to get fired after projects complete.
                        I was going to say, it sounds like it would be effective if you're a contractor but not if you're full-time

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          I was going to say, it sounds like it would be effective if you're a contractor but not if you're full-time
                          Yes. It's too aggressive. But no one blames you for keeping options open and establishing connections, while subtly pointing out that this employer isn't the only one interested in your services. I love LinkedIn for this.

Comment

I once did something similar when I was a subcontractor and my boss (the prime contractor) started shifting from "loin doesn't have to talk to the idiot clients" to "loin has to talk to the idiot clients." "I don't get paid enough to talk to these idiots" led to me no longer having to talk to the idiots.

Comment

It's no wonder those people don't make money if all they do is spend their time having sex and drinking beer on the streets.
                              The only people who have time for sex and beer in the streets are the unemployed. Lucky bastards. (Well, I guess retired people do too but they'd get a heart attack if they had sex)

Comment

Working...
                              X