The best show on post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best show on post.

When I was in Iraq there was a shortage of entertainment. The insurgents would periodically fire mortars from a cow field across the Euphrates so the Americans would station mortar teams to provide "periodic fire" which meant they'd periodically fire a ****ing ginomous mortar shell into the cow field in question just to make sure the enemy was too scared to take up positions there. It worked too. The problem was when there was no enemy in sight the mortar teams would simply take bets on who could kill the most cows in the cow field with a single shot. Naturally, the Civil Affairs people were unhappy with this since they had to pay the Iraqi farmers when ever their cows got blown to kingdom come by the mortar crews but honest the best entertainment in town was sitting on the porch in one of Saddam's villa betting on which mortar team would kill the most cows. Such is life, I guess.

BTW seeing a cow blown apart by a 120 mm mortar is not a pretty sight.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

If that's what it takes to protect the lives of innocent americans at home, so be it
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

The real important question here is do you have any videos of this? Sounds amazing.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

This is still substantially better than some of the stuff other bored soldiers have turned to throughout history. Speaking of which, did prostitutes even exist over there, what with it being an Islamic country and all?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm thinking this would be a great economic stimulus. Where before you have cows, farmer, and those who buy the cows... now you have cows, farmer, those who buy the cows, another farmer to raise the cows, mortar crews, factory workers producing mortar rounds, maintenance crews, bookies, and a PPV channel.

We should invade Argentina next it seems...

Comment

When I was in Korea, we made hamburger out of the deer with claymores. Thought they were gooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              This is still substantially better than some of the stuff other bored soldiers have turned to throughout history. Speaking of which, did prostitutes even exist over there, what with it being an Islamic country and all?
              Oh, yes. Don't let the Islamic thing fool you. They know exact what a hooker is is exactly what a hooker should do. They're not fools even if they play dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                When I was in Korea, we made hamburger out of the deer with claymores. Thought they were gooks.
                I saw plenty of gooks; nothing a browning M1911 couldn't handle. 0.45 was a very large slug.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Having been in Bahrein recently, I can confirm that prostitution is very much alive and well. Each Thrusday night the Saudi hypocrites cross the bridge and then it is party time. I seems to me that they are rather selective in where they choose to be conservative in their experience of religion.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I think I will vomit.

Comment

dannubis isn't that bad.

usually.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	th_VomitingSmiley.gif
Views:	4
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	9092014
                        Attached Files

Comment

Two days -- that must have been one helluva hangover.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                          X