Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a big difference between 3e & 3.5e D &D ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a big difference between 3e & 3.5e D &D ?

My first copycat.In 3e Ranger sucked, and in 3.5 there was some revamp in spells, specially regarding duration. Can't remember anything else?I wouldn't call it THAT big of a difference. What is your opinion?

Why was there a need for a new edition after the second one? That one worked fine. /grumpyoldman

Comment

I prefer 4e...but I'm a dnd noob
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Only 1st and 2nd editions are actual AD&D. The rest are crap.
        Last edited by Dinner; October 12, 2011, 14:20.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Only 1st and 2nd editions are actual AD&D. The rest is crap.
          The rest don't claim to be AD&D.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nah, 1st Ed all the way with me - D&D started going downhill when they brought out Unearthed Arcana...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

What is the key differences between 1st ed and 2nd ed?

Most my experiment is with 3/3.5 ed, but I have some knowledge of 2/2.5/4 ed.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                What is the key differences between 1st ed and 2nd ed?
                Elves became a race instead of a class.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No, wait. Elves were already a race in AD&D 1st edition. The confusion may arise because there was Basic D&D (where races were classes), then AD&D 1st (where races are races) and then it continued with AD&D 2nd. Then TSR collapsed and Wizards took over, creating D&D 3rd edition, 3.5e and now 4e.

There aren't many differeces between AD&D 1st and AD&D 2nd, at least if you compare with the differences between 2nd and 3rd. The most important was, I think, the introduction of a skill system (with things like riding, cooking, shoe-making(?), instruments, etc) in 2dn edition which was, why deny it, quite crappy. In 3e they revamped it and did something more reasonable which was actually quite good.

Comment

They were called non-weapon proficiencies then, not skills.

Comment

Yes, you are right. I was trying to remember the name.

Comment

One of the few times someone says I'm right about something on Apolyton, and it's about D&D. /me sighs.

Comment

No, there's only a small difference between 3.0 and 3.5. Making bard the favored class of gnomes hardly qualifies as a big difference.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            One of the few times someone says I'm right about something on Apolyton, and it's about D&D. /me sighs.
                            There are far worse things which you could be right about.

Say for instance, the proper way to run a gay train on a burro.
                            I have more issues than Marvel Comics and more problems than a math text book.

Comment

Why does everyone hate 4e? Everyone plays 3.5 here at CMU.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X