Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    It's that Willie Lynch ****.
    Wikipedia says the William Lynch speech is a hoax (at least, according to historians, but what do they know?).

Comment

You ****ing idiot. It doesn't matter if the Willie Lynch Speech was given by a slave owner in the 18th century or not. The point is that it is of cultural significance. It was probably written in the 1970's by a Black nationalist to prove a ****ing point. That doesn't mean the point was invalid because the origins of it are shrouded by a hoax.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I guess because there is no God, we should just dismiss anything with regards to the Bible because it must be culturally irrelevant because it's all fake **** made up by people? The Bible surely has had no cultural significance on the world and makes no points on anything because it's clearly not really God's word.

You are approaching Ben's levels of stupidity.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          The term is not a regional thing.

Canada Reacts to its “Tall Poppy,” Conrad Black

By Peter Lattman

blackThe WSJ has a story today on the obsession in Canada with the Conrad Black trial. The fallen media baron is on trial in Chicago along with three co-defendants fighting charges that he looted his company Hollinger International of some $60 million.

Asked why the trial is capturing so much attention north of the border, Eddie Genson, Black’s Chicago-based attorney, told the WSJ, “possibly not very much happens in Canada.”

Another theory: Black is so un-Canadian. The phrase that keeps turning up is “tall poppy syndrome.” Translation: When a Canadian becomes conspicuously more successful than his countrymen, it’s expected he soon will be cut down to size. Says an Ottawa talk show host: “This country is about everybody getting enough, and those people who get a great deal are suspect.” Adds a Canadian doctor: “Rich people in America are outspoken and over-the-top. The wealthy in Canada are supposed to keep quiet.”
          And yet Asher can build a house, make good money. ****ing Canadians, it's a goddamn paradise up there.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You ****ing idiot. It doesn't matter if the Willie Lynch Speech was given by a slave owner in the 18th century or not. The point is that it is of cultural significance. It was probably written in the 1970's by a Black nationalist to prove a ****ing point. That doesn't mean the point was invalid because the origins of it are shrouded by a hoax.
            I just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was a true story. I don't see what is so interesting about a story made up by some black nationalist.

Comment

I guess because there is no God, we should just dismiss anything with regards to the Bible because it must be culturally irrelevant because it's all fake **** made up by people? The Bible surely has had no cultural significance on the world and makes no points on anything because it's clearly not really God's word.

You are approaching Ben's levels of stupidity.
              It's a lot more culturally relevant than a story made up by some "black nationalist".

Comment

The point it tries to make is that oppression can be perpetuated by the oppressed, even in the absence of the mechanisms of the so-called oppressors.

Understandably, your privileged ass wouldn't understand the pervasive relevance of such a concept.

Comment

The point it tries to make is that oppression can be perpetuated by the oppressed, even in the absence of the mechanisms of the so-called oppressors.

Understandably, your privileged ass wouldn't understand the pervasive relevance of such a concept.
                  Yes, I don't understand how blacks can simultaneously be ruthless in their desire to make money without regard for others while refusing to get educated even though it would obviously help them make money because they're afraid others would think they are acting "white". I think you've contradicted yourself.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Yes, I don't understand how blacks can simultaneously be ruthless in their desire to make money without regard for others while refusing to get educated even though it would obviously help them make money because they're afraid others would think they are acting "white". I think you've contradicted yourself.
                      Individuals respond differently and have different circumstances. Some only strive for their own personal advancement and will step on anyone and hold them back to rise to the top, such as by sabotaging a coworker to get a promotion; this is manifested at a higher level than the second element. This second element are those who are resigned to their present station and want to bring down anyone else whom they perceive as thinking they are better than them, manifested by visible attempts to advance, be it by getting an education, starting a business, etc.

I'm still at a lost how this is a foreign concept to most of you:

Comment

Individuals respond differently and have different circumstances. Some only strive for their own personal advancement and will step on anyone and hold them back to rise to the top, such as by sabotaging a coworker to get a promotion; this is manifested at a higher level than the second element. This second element are those who are resigned to their present station and want to bring down anyone else whom they perceive as thinking they are better than them, manifested by visible attempts to advance, be it by getting an education, starting a business, etc.

I'm still at a lost how this is a foreign concept to most of you:
                        Probably because it would be very hard to understand for anyone who has not been an environment in which a kid may get ridiculed or bashed at school for getting good grades? I expect there would be some correlation between Polytubbies who have seen such a thing and who understand your crabs concept.

Comment

When I was a kid I never thought of good grades as something to be ashamed of. If someone thought good grades were a bad thing I would have thought they were stupid.

Comment

Yeah, me too.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

So did I, but then I was in the gifted program and we were all phenomenally arrogant. One time in middle school the teacher picked two of us (I can't recall why she had two of us do it) to go deliver a message to another teacher. Her (non-talented) class pointed and laughed at us the whole time we were in there for some reason. When we got out, I asked the other student, "what were they laughing about?" He shrugged and said, without a trace of bitterness or resentment, "who cares? They're retards."

It was like an early version of Poly.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wasn't aware that going to class, doing homework, and studying is accepted as the popular thing to do.

The Apolyton Twilight Zone, yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X