Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oerdin, check our schools.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/North...131333759.html
    HOUSTON – North Forest ISD administrators have backed down from earlier claims that there was no gun at North Forest High School Friday morning.

They admitted late Friday afternoon that a gun was recovered inside a classroom.

The whole thing started when a teen said he was robbed at gunpoint by three other students at the school, according to Houston police. The victim said he saw one of the suspects put a gun in a backpack, along with the items they took from him.

NFISD has a slightly different version. They say a student reported that a classmate had a gun. When police questioned the classmate, he said he'd given the gun to another boy.

That boy eventually led police to the weapon, which he'd hidden inside a classroom.

The school in the 10000 block of Mesa was on lockdown for 90 minutes while armed HPD SWAT officers searched for a weapon. They entered the school in bulletproof vests, while other HPD officers guarded each school entrance. At least one canine unit also went inside.

A SWAT big rig and several SUVs were parked outside of North Forest. At least two ambulances were on hand as a precaution.

“We were supposed to go to lunch, but they were holding us up in the classroom and he just kept on getting on the intercom like he was just panicking and stuff [he said] y'all need to lock the doors, stay in the classrooms, don't let the kids out,” one student said.

Several parents rushed to the school to pick up their children, and were frustrated that the students weren't allowed to leave during the lockdown.

“I want is my child out of here. This has happened too much over here,” one woman said. “They’re not doing what they’re supposed to do. My child got to get out of here because if anyone hurts my child, I'm killing them.”

Around 12:30 p.m., the lockdown was lifted and classes resumed.

Both boys who handled the gun have been expelled and will be charged with bringing an illegal weapon to school.

The Texas Education Association has announced plans to disband the North Forest ISD by next summer due to a poor accountability rating. The district is appealing the TEA's decision.

“The community needs to know that North Forest is safe, and that they are taking care of this situation and preventing any further situations like this from happening," said Ivory Mayhorn, who heads a taskforce of concerned parents fighting to prevent the state from closing the district.
    See the video.
    BTY
    This is the district my wife teaches at also this is the neighborhood we live in. this is what you have to look forward to. I really don't think you will like it here.

but you do good BBQ's right?

Comment

Comment

Bad lot those Texans. They just spend their days driving around in trucks shooting and dragging one another. They love executing the survivors of all this carnage too. Lots of people on death row.

Makes Mogadishu sound sound real nice, by comparison, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
          http://www.khou.com/news/local/North...131333759.html

See the video.
          BTY
          This is the district my wife teaches at also this is the neighborhood we live in. this is what you have to look forward to. I really don't think you will like it here.
          I don't think Oerdin has children so no need for him to worry about the little horrors can shooting at one another at much as they please.

Comment

Working...
          X